Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just got a new boat with a 366 Ford 410HP 10.5 comp started on the hose it was ok took it to the lake hard to start once I got it running put it in gear stall! hard to start did it again stall! got it going again kept pumping the gas to it and got it on plane! it was ok running but slowed down to stop stalled! Got it home and had a qt or so of gas in the oil! Changed the oil, checked the floats they were to the top so I adjusted them, 7lbs fuel pressure, cleaned jets and went down 2 sizes! plugs look a little lean but wet with gas? same issues but no gas in oil this time Help!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
mine did that. it would run great out of the water but under load would die unless you stayed on the gas... Turned out to be i botched the valve adjustment. Once i adjusted the valves properly and got the carb tuned now its great.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
More info needed

Ok, just got a new boat with a 366 Ford 410HP 10.5 comp started on the hose it was ok took it to the lake hard to start once I got it running put it in gear stall! hard to start did it again stall! got it going again kept pumping the gas to it and got it on plane! it was ok running but slowed down to stop stalled! Got it home and had a qt or so of gas in the oil! Changed the oil, checked the floats they were to the top so I adjusted them, 7lbs fuel pressure, cleaned jets and went down 2 sizes! plugs look a little lean but wet with gas? same issues but no gas in oil this time Help!
More info needed. Carb description/history, trans?....Ray

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK it is in a U-17 with duo prop setup 750 Holly double pumper running 70 main jets and 80 in secondarys I have not tried to replace the power valve but that might be it! I will keep ya all posted! thanks for the replys

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Could be the PV, OR might still be the floats. If the boat worked before, yet you found the floats all the way up...they probably were flopping around during towing and the tangs are bent/weak.

If this turns out to be the problem, I recommend floats from Braswell in AZ; they make stuff for NASCAR yet no more expensive than Holley parts. They carry some stronger rebound springs that can help prevent this, Check their website for phone number - They have great CS, and may also be of help in diagnosing the problem.

Ps. You never mentioned where your timing is set, or your idle screws...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.