Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any one have an Idea if this is sleekcraft or kona ????? I know it has Makai on the dash but just wondering...year????? Im thinking 1973/76????

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yep--Kona. I had one just like it with je pump. Don't have the boat anymore, but still have the title--yeh, it's a long sad story. Anyone need a Kona title?
Pete

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep--Kona. I had one just like it with je pump. Don't have the boat anymore, but still have the title--yeh, it's a long sad story. Anyone need a Kona title?
Pete
Ya I might if I pick this up....ya got any pics???

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Lonnie,
Don't want to rain on your parade but I'd be real concerned with the wood and stringers on that boat.

Tommys right, something like that Cole of his "might" be a better start to a hotrod project.

With that said, anything is possible as shown by many here on this board and elsewhere but yikes, that looks like a ton of work and $$$$ to me.

Regardless, best of luck and keep in touch.......john

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lonnie,
Don't want to rain on your parade but I'd be real concerned with the wood and stringers on that boat.

Tommys right, something like that Cole of his "might" be a better start to a hotrod project.

With that said, anything is possible as shown by many here on this board and elsewhere but yikes, that looks like a ton of work and $$$$ to me.

Regardless, best of luck and keep in touch.......john
no parade to rain on John, It was just something I ran across, and yes it would a total gut job on that thing. I would give a left nut for the cole, But waitting for some deals I got going on to see if they go threw and if they due the cole will be my number one pick.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The red one was pretty heavy, but had a solid ride. I never had the white one in the water since it had a hole in the back where the pump had been. The thing I liked about the hulls was the large cockpit area which could accomodate 6 adults. However, I'm with everyone else, unless the seller is going to pay you to haul it away, I see money pit written all over that project.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
what make of boat

I have a '76 Kona, and it rides real nice. Seems like a heavyish boat. Don't know dry boat weight.
Agree that looks like a money sucker big time.
[URL="
[/URL]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts