Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
That #, H-2484, identifies that part as a JE/JC one-piece bowl. It does not identify the basic pump model as it can be used on all the Berk models, except the JF(would need some mods to fit the JF). To identify which pump you are dealing with, find the oval plate riveted to the suction housing above the thrust bearing.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
it's a 12 jc-a-h any good?
It's the basic Berkeley pump with no split bowl and an A cut impeller. Lots of boats came with that pump.

You can convert it to a split bowl model if you want. Then you'll have the ability to mount droop snoots, rooster boosters, etc etc.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
i have an american tubine pump. can i put a rooster booster on my pump??
?? what the heck is a rooster booster???
Rooster boosters are for pumps that aren't running a droop (a droop snoot will lift a rooster tail by default due to the higher nozzle angle). They're basically the same thing as a wedge (wedge pieces that bolt between the droop and the pump bowl for hull tuning) that's sandwiched between the bowl and the nozzle adapter. You would position the wedge so that it angles the nozzle up to get a higher roost.

If your American Turbine pump has a split bowl (i.e. you could add a droop to it if you wanted to) then you can get a 2 or a 4* wedge to place between the nozzle adapter and the bowl flange.

·
Registered
829 Posts
i have an american tubine pump. can i put a rooster booster on my pump??
?? what the heck is a rooster booster???
a rooster booster will ad upward angle to give the rooster a booster. :D
some seem that it will give it too much angle and make the boat purpoise like hell. do a youtube search and see how much a boat with a rooster booster purpoises. better to get a droop and wedge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQlZktcP5XA

http://www.jetboatfabrication.com/Pump_Parts/Rooster-Booster.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts