Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NW Spectraholic
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had the right mounts for Dad's Sleekcraft, until I tried them in the boat....

Is there a mount that will fit better, or do I have to fire up the welder?

·
Registered
202 Posts
That mount will work, I have a similar set up on my boat currently. Should bolt right up to the side of the block, those are the car style motor mounts found in a lot of boats with the old three point style

·
NW Spectraholic
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What mount did Sleekcraft use I wonder? I know with an Olds motor to use an old 70 Cutlass mount, but this Ford stuff is kinda new to me. Maybe there was another piece that went in there to take up the difference? I guess I can just weld some sleeves in there...

·
Pink Taco
215 Posts
ford

use a early 80's bbc truck mount with a flat piece of metal to adapt to the block, u will need to drill a few holes but mine came stock like that

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'd also put some spacers on the bolts between the ears of the insulator and the mount on the boat, so when you tighten it down it doesn't "taco" on you, wouldn't hurt to have one in the middle either, like the two bolts that are currently there, yeah kind of a pain, but at least you could put some proper torque on the bolts.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Malcolm you can you the modern solid BBC Three points and use a simple fabbed "shuffle plate" weve done this with good success, call if we can help Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts