Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I bought one of the Magic decks from LBYS...blah blah blah I know how some of you feel about the whole deal... I've read a few guys asking what prop to run with a 496HO, but I set mine up with a 525 and was wondering what prop I should put on there. Probably running with 6-7 peeps on the boat most of the time. Any opinions, Thanks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Guessing a 26 or 28 probaly 26 with a big load...I have a 27 reworked lab if you want to try it.Just sitting in my garage colecting dust.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
26 b1 or..... I would try a Maximus 5 blade 24 or 26. It really helps my deck boat. I would also recommend trying a 24 for the summer months with a heavy load. Or try a hydromotive p5x to lift the bow

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I did PM Outcoled. I water tested it with a 28 Bravo1 the other day--took way too long to get on plane. I'm just looking for the best "all around" fit. We don't use the boat from Nov thru May so a summer prop will suit me fine. Thanks again.

·
MEDIUM PIMPIN!!!
1,494 Posts
Thanks guys. I did PM Outcoled. I water tested it with a 28 Bravo1 the other day--took way too long to get on plane. I'm just looking for the best "all around" fit. We don't use the boat from Nov thru May so a summer prop will suit me fine. Thanks again.
Is this the deck or the Sceptor?

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
Hey, I got the PM, but for some reason I couldn't respond from my phone. Sorry about that. I run a 26 on my boat and its fine for a basic load. With 6-7 peoplen gear, ice chests, etc, you may want to try a 24 so you could get on plane a little easier.

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Yes, I bought one of the Magic decks from LBYS...blah blah blah I know how some of you feel about the whole deal... I've read a few guys asking what prop to run with a 496HO, but I set mine up with a 525 and was wondering what prop I should put on there. Probably running with 6-7 peeps on the boat most of the time. Any opinions, Thanks.
next time you are on the water and see other magic owners stop and talk with them.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
call magi......... oh nevermindhil:):D:D

sorry.. had to do it. good luck with that prop selection:)devil:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
if you have a standard 26p you can go with a lab 28 run the boat with it and get all the specs, rpm at what speed , weight etc the have the 28 lab it worked great for me just tell the tech's what you want at what rpm. I used Bronson.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts