Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am currently building an olds 455 for my jet boat and stuck on what ratio rockers I need. I am running a 280 comp cam part number K42-231-4 with Keith Black 60 over stepped dish pistons and stock J heads at the moment.

I want to run a roller rocker, most likely scorpion but I need some help on which ones. If anyone has any experience or info that would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hello, I am currently building an olds 455 for my jet boat and stuck on what ratio rockers I need. I am running a 280 comp cam part number K42-231-4 with Keith Black 60 over stepped dish pistons and stock J heads at the moment.

I want to run a roller rocker, most likely scorpion but I need some help on which ones. If anyone has any experience or info that would be great. Thanks!
1.6, the same as Small block Ford (not Cleveland) which will work on an Oldsmobile if your heads will take stud mount rockers. Some companies list them as the same part #

·
Registered
279 Posts
BBO use a pedestal mount rocker with a 5/16 bolt in the head . Comp cams sells a bolt in roller tip rocker kit I used one once and it seemed ok for low lift cams . If you want to use a true roller rocker than I would suggest drilling and tapping the heads for 7/16 bolts and if you do that than you can use stock bbc studs and just remember you will need to drill the push rod holes and use guide plates. I have a set of C's that I can get pics of if it would help

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
I've got some outstanding (in both quality and price) 1.6 ratio SBF stud mount roller rockers if you're interested. PM or call for details.

LO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts