Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried wakeboarding today and had a blast. Definately want to buy one but dam there is thousands out there. I am definately beginner but from what I was told did better than most. I popped up on the 2nd try it's not as hard as I thought it would be. Guess its time to retire the skis.

Any recommendations will help, I want something everyone can ride.

Oh yeah I think we need a watersports area on PB. Just a thought

·
Registered
58 Posts
A sales person should be able to help you out in finding the right size board, with the right bottom for you boarding needs/goals. I would spend some time finding the right bindings. those tend to make the biggest difference for me. but dont ditch the ski's. although I love wakeboarding. Nothing beats perfect water and a ski!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I weigh around 210. I did notice the wakeboard I used today had nice lace up bindings and I felt pretty stable. I looked around the local stores and their stuff looks like junk. I have Overton's and Barts catalogs on the way.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I weigh around 210. I did notice the wakeboard I used today had nice lace up bindings and I felt pretty stable. I looked around the local stores and their stuff looks like junk. I have Overton's and Barts catalogs on the way.
Then I would go with something from 142-145. Get a nice US made board. Bindings are important too. Closed toe bindings are good for cold mornings and keep your feet warm. So many choices out there.. I just got a Shaun Murray Hyperlite board with Murray bindings, I'm VERY happy with the board, very easy to ride but has a lot of pop to it too.. I paid 239. for my board (08 model,same as the 09) handmade in the USA.. A good set of bindings will set you back at least 200. My bindings have a wheel ratchet system that makes it real easy to get in and out of.. Good luck, I'm excited for you...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then I would go with something from 142-145. Get a nice US made board. Bindings are important too. Closed toe bindings are good for cold mornings and keep your feet warm. So many choices out there.. I just got a Shaun Murray Hyperlite board with Murray bindings, I'm VERY happy with the board, very easy to ride but has a lot of pop to it too.. I paid 239. for my board (08 model,same as the 09) handmade in the USA.. A good set of bindings will set you back at least 200. My bindings have a wheel ratchet system that makes it real easy to get in and out of.. Good luck, I'm excited for you...
I was actaully looking at that board on Ebay. I think I will order one. As for bindings I think I will look at a bunch in person and maybe try some on, just can't tell online or in a book whats comfortable or whats good. It's definatley a thrill and I am amazed at how comfortable it is to cruze and alot easier on the back and arms. Im stoked

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts

·
Positive Vibration
426 Posts
Forget Overtons. Check this place out. http://www.deltawakeboardcamp.com/
I know the people that run it and they are all sponsored pro's or have been. Anthony will be happy to answer any questions you may have as well. It's the wakeboard camp/boardshop in Tower Park on the Delta. Go with a Hyperlite or Liquid Force imo. You can get really great deals on last years closeouts as well. I ride a Liquid Force Groove and love it. I have the Alpha boots which are very comfy and a midline boot. Set a price you want to spend and look in that range. The Ronix One is a great board and they have it on special right now as well.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Where do you live? Since you are a beginner I would strongly suggest stopping in at a reputable board shop. Wakesports Unlimited is a good one in Orange if you are in OC.

I love my CWB gear, and the company is a 10+ in customer service. I've heard stories of breaking bindings that are a few years old, and CWB saying send them in and pick out a new pair, or a person fell weird and cut themselves on the sharp edge of a board and they said send it back and you can pick a new one. You can't find companies who stand behind their product like that imo.

Check out wakeworld.com for info, and boardersmall.com for boards and bindings. I bought my Answers of of boardersmall for really cheap.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im in central ca. There is a few wakeboard school and camps around I am going to check em out and see that they carry. Thanks for the links Dan I think I will order those as well, I definatley want to own a couple so I know what each one does and how they ride and feel. I can't be ballin with 1 wakeboard in the boat.

On a side note todays towboat was a free 1986 invader with a 75hp merc OB and a 75ft. ski roap tide on a transom d ring that a friend had given to him. Im looking at newer tournament boats with towers, I figure if I can board behind this hoopti today I should be set with a better boat

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Forget Overtons. Check this place out. http://www.deltawakeboardcamp.com/
I know the people that run it and they are all sponsored pro's or have been. Anthony will be happy to answer any questions you may have as well. It's the wakeboard camp/boardshop in Tower Park on the Delta. Go with a Hyperlite or Liquid Force imo. You can get really great deals on last years closeouts as well. I ride a Liquid Force Groove and love it. I have the Alpha boots which are very comfy and a midline boot. Set a price you want to spend and look in that range. The Ronix One is a great board and they have it on special right now as well.
Ive been there and live close to it. We boat at the Delta as often as possible. I will check em out this weekend. Thanks a ton

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I would go all out on the bindings, biggest difference IMO.

I think Hyperlight has a list of their boards and characteristics on their Website. I'm 190 and have a Shaun Murray 138, and Some hyperlight Moonboots, couldn't be happier with the setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.