Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what type of shoe and loader to run on a swtd , got alot of good help on here from other guys , it has a 2* backcut on it now , with what appears to be an extreme loader ,open style , , this im combining with a basic setup that was given to me from the guys whom are familiar with this style boat , being , a droop an a 4* down wedge , with a 650-700 hp engine with an a/b cut , any help would be greatly appriciated , thank you

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Was wondering what type of shoe and loader to run on a swtd , got alot of good help on here from other guys , it has a 2* backcut on it now , with what appears to be an extreme loader ,open style , , this im combining with a basic setup that was given to me from the guys whom are familiar with this style boat , being , a droop an a 4* down wedge , with a 650-700 hp engine with an a/b cut , any help would be greatly appriciated , thank you
Whats your basic set up? Need to get the enginge to run before you worry about set up. That poor thing sounded like it was on 5 cyl at the CP deal last summer.

I might be able to help you out. I dont really understand the hulls very well, but i have thrown some voodoo at a couple that seem to respond.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats your basic set up? Need to get the enginge to run before you worry about set up. That poor thing sounded like it was on 5 cyl at the cp deal last summer.

I might be able to help you out. I dont really understand the hulls very well, but i have thrown some voodoo at a couple that seem to respond.
that couldnt have been my boat , didnt own it last year, im in nor cal maybe a different boat ?

·
Administrator
16,893 Posts
Have you measured intake pressure?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for some reason, this thing looks familiar. what does the rest of the boat look like? does the engine have a blower on it? what intake is in it?
used to have a blower , my buddy used to own it however i just got it, its always been in nor cal same owner, the boat is named quick trick ? 40lbs of pump pressure with old blower motor

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
used to have a blower , my buddy used to own it however i just got it, its always been in nor cal same owner, the boat is named quick trick ? 40lbs of pump pressure with old blower motor
thought so. i looked at it several years ago when he took it to ming. just imo, that thing never ran the way it should have. but that's ok if it's what a guy wants. i've seen hardware like that a couple times, and cannot understand the logic behind it. makes no sense. either run it the way it is, or change everything.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thought so. I looked at it several years ago when he took it to ming. Just imo, that thing never ran the way it should have. But that's ok if it's what a guy wants. I've seen hardware like that a couple times, and cannot understand the logic behind it. Makes no sense. Either run it the way it is, or change everything.
can you please elaborate on the hardware , the boat is new to me , so i am looking for any and all advise to make the neccesary changes to make it run as well as it possibly can , in your opinion what exactly would you change on it to achieve favorable results , the boat was in fact at ming about 5-6 years ago , so it probably is the same boat , ideas ? Can you look at the setup specs in the post and point me in the right direction ,

·
Registered
950 Posts
can you please elaborate on the hardware , the boat is new to me , so i am looking for any and all advise to make the neccesary changes to make it run as well as it possibly can , in your opinion what exactly would you change on it to achieve favorable results , the boat was in fact at ming about 5-6 years ago , so it probably is the same boat , ideas ? Can you look at the setup specs in the post and point me in the right direction ,

Pretty much futs would be a good guy to consult about hardware on these boats. I know he got Adams boat runnin pretty damn good. Lots of family history with him and these boats

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
sw, this is what i'm talking about. that this shoe is backcut is not an issue. but that mouth opening very odd, almost upside down. because of that, the biting edge is way "up" in the intake. it was done that way on purpose, and i can understand the reasoning behind it. but it does nothing for the flowpath into the back half of the intake.
because that biting edge is way up, it's compensated by having a large suction opening and a huge loader. this is the 2nd boat i've seen with a shoe like that, both of them from the same area of norcal. nobody else takes this approach.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
When I had my swtd, I learned a lot from the swtd champ BP and Futs on here, several swtd gurus out there, but A few phone calls, one being to MPD, would do wonders.
I had an MPD shoe and loader in mine and the shoe he made for me was back cut as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts