Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I no longer trust the rollers I have and need to upgrade.
It's a 460 w/DOVE-C heads/.576" lift hyd flat tappet cam...nothing too insane.
Any suggestions?
Any brands I should definitely stay away from?

·
Registered
178 Posts
rockers

I've been running the Herland Sharpe roller rockers for 3 years so far no problems yet plus their less expensive than the comps by buddy buys the expensive ones for his drag car and always replacing broken ones he's going to run the harlands next to see if they last for him

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine were no-name, and they are literally falling apart and the polished surface on the rollers is no longer polished.
Plus, 1 is beat to death from a valve keeper failure.
'nuff said.
This failure has cost me a fortune.
Never again.
The Harland's look good for the money.
You guys use the 1.73 ratio?
I see some with 1.80, but that might be a bit unnecessary.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I've been running the Herland Sharpe roller rockers for 3 years so far no problems yet plus their less expensive than the comps by buddy buys the expensive ones for his drag car and always replacing broken ones he's going to run the harlands next to see if they last for him
Comp Cams 1838, but they are 1.8, and then there is the Comp Cams 17045, or even the comp 1411's work good. Hardlandsharp are good, so are lunati. Just depends on budget. Even BBC rockers work. Might want to check ebay.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Comp Cams 1838, but they are 1.8, and then there is the Comp Cams 17045, or even the comp 1411's work good. Hardlandsharp are good, so are lunati. Just depends on budget. Even BBC rockers work. Might want to check ebay.
BBC rockers work? Really? Any of them? same same?

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Mine were no-name, and they are literally falling apart and the polished surface on the rollers is no longer polished.
Plus, 1 is beat to death from a valve keeper failure.
'nuff said.
This failure has cost me a fortune.
Never again.
The Harland's look good for the money.
You guys use the 1.73 ratio?
I see some with 1.80, but that might be a bit unnecessary.
That's a tough lesson. It's the old buy once cry once thing again.

1.73 here.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
While I'm on the subject, there seems to be a pushrod length issue with this motor which may have contributed to the dropped valved.
All the IT guides were worn out/slotted/elongated/whatever you want to call it.
IT only.
All the pushrods in this motor are 8.75" long, 3/8" Comp.
Any body have a similar setup using different length pushrods?

I know it's hard to diagnose this on here, but any info is helpful to me.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Crower Enduro Stainless steel, been using these trouble free for about 8 years. BBC rockers do work but are not ideal, which can lead to other valvetrain issues. The length from the trunion to the roller tip is different between the BBC and BBF albiet slightly, but they are different.

·
ATTA BOY
2,348 Posts
1.7 roller tip rockers on my ford motor. The chevy ones will work on a ford, just dont tell anyone your ford motor has them;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts