Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was expecting alot more from you guys!!! The zoomies sure are loud. Grier said its cuz you werent runnin a magneto!!! :D

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
There has only been one brand of oil filter on my engines since Burley 2003. See if you can spot one reason why. We knew the engine was taking on water in the pan due to a blown gasket. It was blowing water vapor out the #1, and coating the inside of the pipe with salt. I told Bill, if he blew it up, it better be running like a swiss watch just before it blew, otherwise it is a waste of a motor. He wisely brought it in still intact

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
182 Posts
Gn 7

Is this the reason that you were unable to start the race on Saturday? Was looking forward to seeing your boat run. Looking at it in the pits, it is really nice. I hate salt water! I won't even put my Whacker in it.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
It started, it just died 10 ft later. Wire from the kill switch to the ignition broke right at the eyelet on the solderless wire terminal. It took us awhile to find it because it was still intact under the shrink wrap we put over it. Power at the switch, but no power at the ignition box 6 ft away. We seem to pickup the gremlins at the gate at Long Beach. Next year I am installing a bell under the dash. I don't care if they are only for motorcycles. At this point I will try anything.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
379 Posts
Is it the 1" nut on the bottom for easy removal? I use to run those too. If you look closely you can see its only spot welded on. Have you ever had one rip a hole in the bottom of the filter? I did, that's why I don't use them any more. I twisted that whole nut off and ended up with a quart of oil in my bilge.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts