Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Canatard
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not the party guy. I've never cared much for being in a room full of drunks with music so loud nobody can talk. The only thing worse is being in a room full of drunks with music low enough that people can talk.

... but I find myself pretty revved up about the LA Boat Show party. Strange.

I'm excited about the opportunity to meet Wes Inskeep, RiverDave, The Bilge Idiot, Skankersore (AKA: Havaskank), Keith Sayre, Notalent, OGShocker, Atomickitn (hopefully Windy too :) ), Brad @ SCJB, and a bunch of others who are still trying to connect the dots. I really hope some of the others can make it.

It also sounds like there will be a significant presence from Performance Boats Magazine.

At this point, JBB is a maybe. He says he's a little down on his luck but if he can scrape together airfare by then, he'll come. We'll see.

I don't have the first clue about what makes a party great but I know there is going to be a room full of great people at the Standard Hotel on the evening of Saturday, February 16th.

I'd really like to check out the Revolution too. I would like to find out for myself what all this talk about hydraulic ramps and walk around swim platforms is all about. Apparently, the boat will be there at the hotel.

The 16th of February isn't that far away and tickets are limited to a pretty small number. If you want to make it, now would be a good time to hook up with Wes.

It's really cool that someone is facilitating a gathering like this. I hope an opportunity such as this comes along again. Right now, however, I don't plan to miss out on this one.

Tickets: [email protected]

- Tom

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've been to some legendary parties, stuff people talk about 20 years later...no idea why the happen, but even though very drunk...you remember.

It'll probably have something to do with a canatard leaving a steamer on the deck, but will defintely be remembered.

·
Canatard
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll probably have something to do with a canatard leaving a steamer on the deck, but will defintely be remembered.
Mexican food, which I desperately love, cause a certain.... reaction... that could well create a legend by your definition.

Perhaps on February 17th people will start using the phrase, "LA Steamer". :D

·
Broke mo fo
3,184 Posts
I'm not the party guy. I've never cared much for being in a room full of drunks with music so loud nobody can talk. The only thing worse is being in a room full of drunks with music low enough that people can talk.

... but I find myself pretty revved up about the LA Boat Show party. Strange.

I'm excited about the opportunity to meet Wes Inskeep, RiverDave, The Bilge Idiot, Skankersore (AKA: Havaskank), Keith Sayre, Notalent, OGShocker, Atomickitn (hopefully Windy too :) ), Brad @ SCJB, and a bunch of others who are still trying to connect the dots. I really hope some of the others can make it.

It also sounds like there will be a significant presence from Performance Boats Magazine.

At this point, JBB is a maybe. He says he's a little down on his luck but if he can scrape together airfare by then, he'll come. We'll see.

I don't have the first clue about what makes a party great but I know there is going to be a room full of great people at the Standard Hotel on the evening of Saturday, February 16th.

I'd really like to check out the Revolution too. I would like to find out for myself what all this talk about hydraulic ramps and walk around swim platforms is all about. Apparently, the boat will be there at the hotel.

The 16th of February isn't that far away and tickets are limited to a pretty small number. If you want to make it, now would be a good time to hook up with Wes.

It's really cool that someone is facilitating a gathering like this. I hope an opportunity such as this comes along again. Right now, however, I don't plan to miss out on this one.

Tickets: [email protected]

- Tom
Damm, Notalent made the list and I didn't? I really don't like you anymore Tom. :((((((

·
Canatard
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't know you were in or you would have been on the list.

I look forward to meeting you and discussing the intricacies of all things iPod. :cool:

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Wouldnt mind making it to the party.

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
Well, you could be 17 and rent a small house on 14 acres in Penticton BC and have the cops shut down the beach during Peach Fest and have a bunch of "friends" drive the beach with a loud speaker announcing your address with +/- 12,000 people on the beach during the infamous 'peach fest riot". You could then have a road that was 5 miles long and suitable for 2 cars to just barely pass with out a collision and end up having it packed 4 wide for the entire road. You could then have around 4,000 people inhabbit the fore said 14 acres and start small fires ( in mid summer) and have the Pentiton fire dept called by some of the neighbors , ending up in the need for a helicopter to be dispatched to drop water on said fires since there was no hope in hell of anyone driving up there. You may also take advantge of the local news crew flying up with the cops in another helicopter, backing up the other 20 that had to take horses in order to get up there. You may also enjoy the fact of getting a 75 dollar fine for everyone that was under age..( which acounted for around 75% ). You could spend the night in jail with everything being on the news and in the papers and wind up in court the following morning being represented buy a court appointed lawyer and having the underage charges dropped in favor of paying a partial settelment for the fire depts fees and the aggrivation of every single police officer in Penticton.. which may have added up to around 5000 bucks.

but I would not suggest it :D

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Well, you could be 17 and rent a small house on 14 acres in Penticton BC and have the cops shut down the beach during Peach Fest and have a bunch of "friends" drive the beach with a loud speaker announcing your address with +/- 12,000 people on the beach during the infamous 'peach fest riot". You could then have a road that was 5 miles long and suitable for 2 cars to just barely pass with out a collision and end up having it packed 4 wide for the entire road. You could then have around 4,000 people inhabbit the fore said 14 acres and start small fires ( in mid summer) and have the Pentiton fire dept called by some of the neighbors , ending up in the need for a helicopter to be dispatched to drop water on said fires since there was no hope in hell of anyone driving up there. You may also take advantge of the local news crew flying up with the cops in another helicopter, backing up the other 20 that had to take horses in order to get up there. You may also enjoy the fact of getting a 75 dollar fine for everyone that was under age..( which acounted for around 75% ). You could spend the night in jail with everything being on the news and in the papers and wind up in court the following morning being represented buy a court appointed lawyer and having the underage charges dropped in favor of paying a partial settelment for the fire depts fees and the aggrivation of every single police officer in Penticton.. which may have added up to around 5000 bucks.

but I would not suggest it :D
Or we could relax with the old lady and a cocktail and watch you get your nut sack waxed.:))THumbsUp

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
Nice. :D

You've been in jail more than Ricky and Julian. :D
I belive it still ranks in the top 3 for Pentictons biggest parties ..I didnt even get into the part about the judges response when the bill was paid cash after the courts paid for the lawyer..I was working drilling rigs here and living there ..they were quite upset after they found out I wasnt a broke ass kid :D
I was almost charged with some horse shit thing with the courts wanting to recoup the "appointed lawyers" fees :D

My friends dad told me what to do and he was pretty smart for an adult :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Having this party at the Standard is a start. Great atmosphere. You can't help but be in a party mood when your at that establishment.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Define "establishment" :D
I think you could apply many of these to this event.

http://www.standardhotels.com/los-angeles/

1. the act or an instance of establishing.
2. the state or fact of being established.
3. something established; a constituted order or system.
4. (often initial capital letter) the existing power structure in society; the dominant groups in society and their customs or institutions; institutional authority (usually prec. by the): The Establishment believes exploring outer space is worth any tax money spent.
5. (often initial capital letter) the dominant group in a field of endeavor, organization, etc. (usually prec. by the): the literary Establishment.
6. a household; place of residence including its furnishings, grounds, etc.
7. a place of business together with its employees, merchandise, equipment, etc.
8. a permanent civil, military, or other force or organization.
9. an institution, as a school, hospital, etc.
10. the recognition by a state of a church as the state church.
11. the church so recognized, esp. the Church of England.
12. Archaic. a fixed or settled income.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts