Performance Boats Forum banner

What would be required to make a party... legendary?

4K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  Chico&Zeus 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not the party guy. I've never cared much for being in a room full of drunks with music so loud nobody can talk. The only thing worse is being in a room full of drunks with music low enough that people can talk.

... but I find myself pretty revved up about the LA Boat Show party. Strange.

I'm excited about the opportunity to meet Wes Inskeep, RiverDave, The Bilge Idiot, Skankersore (AKA: Havaskank), Keith Sayre, Notalent, OGShocker, Atomickitn (hopefully Windy too :) ), Brad @ SCJB, and a bunch of others who are still trying to connect the dots. I really hope some of the others can make it.

It also sounds like there will be a significant presence from Performance Boats Magazine.

At this point, JBB is a maybe. He says he's a little down on his luck but if he can scrape together airfare by then, he'll come. We'll see.

I don't have the first clue about what makes a party great but I know there is going to be a room full of great people at the Standard Hotel on the evening of Saturday, February 16th.

I'd really like to check out the Revolution too. I would like to find out for myself what all this talk about hydraulic ramps and walk around swim platforms is all about. Apparently, the boat will be there at the hotel.

The 16th of February isn't that far away and tickets are limited to a pretty small number. If you want to make it, now would be a good time to hook up with Wes.

It's really cool that someone is facilitating a gathering like this. I hope an opportunity such as this comes along again. Right now, however, I don't plan to miss out on this one.

Tickets: wes@tridentboats.com

- Tom

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm not the party guy. I've never cared much for being in a room full of drunks with music so loud nobody can talk. The only thing worse is being in a room full of drunks with music low enough that people can talk.

... but I find myself pretty revved up about the LA Boat Show party. Strange.

I'm excited about the opportunity to meet Wes Inskeep, RiverDave, The Bilge Idiot, Skankersore (AKA: Havaskank), Keith Sayre, Notalent, OGShocker, Atomickitn (hopefully Windy too :) ), Brad @ SCJB, and a bunch of others who are still trying to connect the dots. I really hope some of the others can make it.

It also sounds like there will be a significant presence from Performance Boats Magazine.

At this point, JBB is a maybe. He says he's a little down on his luck but if he can scrape together airfare by then, he'll come. We'll see.

I don't have the first clue about what makes a party great but I know there is going to be a room full of great people at the Standard Hotel on the evening of Saturday, February 16th.

I'd really like to check out the Revolution too. I would like to find out for myself what all this talk about hydraulic ramps and walk around swim platforms is all about. Apparently, the boat will be there at the hotel.

The 16th of February isn't that far away and tickets are limited to a pretty small number. If you want to make it, now would be a good time to hook up with Wes.

It's really cool that someone is facilitating a gathering like this. I hope an opportunity such as this comes along again. Right now, however, I don't plan to miss out on this one.

Tickets: wes@tridentboats.com

- Tom
Damm, Notalent made the list and I didn't? I really don't like you anymore Tom. :((((((

#9 ·
Well, you could be 17 and rent a small house on 14 acres in Penticton BC and have the cops shut down the beach during Peach Fest and have a bunch of "friends" drive the beach with a loud speaker announcing your address with +/- 12,000 people on the beach during the infamous 'peach fest riot". You could then have a road that was 5 miles long and suitable for 2 cars to just barely pass with out a collision and end up having it packed 4 wide for the entire road. You could then have around 4,000 people inhabbit the fore said 14 acres and start small fires ( in mid summer) and have the Pentiton fire dept called by some of the neighbors , ending up in the need for a helicopter to be dispatched to drop water on said fires since there was no hope in hell of anyone driving up there. You may also take advantge of the local news crew flying up with the cops in another helicopter, backing up the other 20 that had to take horses in order to get up there. You may also enjoy the fact of getting a 75 dollar fine for everyone that was under age..( which acounted for around 75% ). You could spend the night in jail with everything being on the news and in the papers and wind up in court the following morning being represented buy a court appointed lawyer and having the underage charges dropped in favor of paying a partial settelment for the fire depts fees and the aggrivation of every single police officer in Penticton.. which may have added up to around 5000 bucks.

but I would not suggest it :D

#11 ·
Well, you could be 17 and rent a small house on 14 acres in Penticton BC and have the cops shut down the beach during Peach Fest and have a bunch of "friends" drive the beach with a loud speaker announcing your address with +/- 12,000 people on the beach during the infamous 'peach fest riot". You could then have a road that was 5 miles long and suitable for 2 cars to just barely pass with out a collision and end up having it packed 4 wide for the entire road. You could then have around 4,000 people inhabbit the fore said 14 acres and start small fires ( in mid summer) and have the Pentiton fire dept called by some of the neighbors , ending up in the need for a helicopter to be dispatched to drop water on said fires since there was no hope in hell of anyone driving up there. You may also take advantge of the local news crew flying up with the cops in another helicopter, backing up the other 20 that had to take horses in order to get up there. You may also enjoy the fact of getting a 75 dollar fine for everyone that was under age..( which acounted for around 75% ). You could spend the night in jail with everything being on the news and in the papers and wind up in court the following morning being represented buy a court appointed lawyer and having the underage charges dropped in favor of paying a partial settelment for the fire depts fees and the aggrivation of every single police officer in Penticton.. which may have added up to around 5000 bucks.

but I would not suggest it :D
Or we could relax with the old lady and a cocktail and watch you get your nut sack waxed.:))THumbsUp

#13 ·
I belive it still ranks in the top 3 for Pentictons biggest parties ..I didnt even get into the part about the judges response when the bill was paid cash after the courts paid for the lawyer..I was working drilling rigs here and living there ..they were quite upset after they found out I wasnt a broke ass kid :D
I was almost charged with some horse shit thing with the courts wanting to recoup the "appointed lawyers" fees :D

My friends dad told me what to do and he was pretty smart for an adult :D

#31 ·
Ok I'm just curious why you know the address to OC jail?? :)grn

Tom,

I have a couple free flights from Southwest, not sure if this would help brian or not. but I would be more than willing to offer them up. so he can make it.

**Edit** I also have quite a few Delta miles, not enough for a free trip. but pretty close.

Looks like I better hit up Wes so I can get a ticket to attend this legendary event
That is so nice of you....Tom, now Jbb has no excuse to miss this!!!:p

#25 ·

- Tom
Tom,

I have a couple free flights from Southwest, not sure if this would help brian or not. but I would be more than willing to offer them up. so he can make it.

**Edit** I also have quite a few Delta miles, not enough for a free trip. but pretty close.

Looks like I better hit up Wes so I can get a ticket to attend this legendary event

#34 ·
Byron,

I also am willing to set up a room for you. I found a hotel right near the boat show that was pretty inexpensive. I was told they only do hourly rates on rooms so if you could let me know how many hours you will be visiting us it would help.

I have a spare car you could borrow but since its a jeep and I have seen what happened to yours, I am a little reluctant to let you borrow it.

Hope you see better times soon buddy! :D

#38 ·

- Tom
We met twice, once in Regina, where you tried to kill me with the World's largest burger. The next time in Demaine where a similar attempt was made with a colossal rib eye steak!

I can only wonder what the next attempt on my life will be made with. :)violent

Strangely, I look forward to seeing you again, my friend.

#42 ·
You've been to Regina :)Unsure....It must be a thingy with Brown. One night at dinner with him I attempted to eat the largest prime rib piece I've ever seen in my life!:D

Jbb is an extremely humble man and may initially resist such a generous offer but I know that with a little encouragement, he will be eternally grateful and appreciative of your consideration of his unfortunate situation.
You know Byron won't make it. It'll be Phoenix all over again, you and I sitting on the fence just waiting for a glimpse of him to round the corner......only to let us down...AGAIN!!! :mad:

#44 ·
In order for a party to be truly legendary I would think that someone would need to leave an "Upper Decker":)devil:D:)st

1. "Upper Decker"

The act of defecating in the upper tank of the toilet. When the next poor unsuspecting person flushes the toilet they get a bowl of beef stew. the upper decker is a weapon of terror and should only be used on people who deserve it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.