Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that the tx19 is long gone, and i've got my chillin boat for the summer, i've started my turbo build. i've got a couple choices in my area around the 6k area for a solid white gel hull. i can get a 18ft gullwing or a youngblood style tx18 tunnel for about the same price. either will get a lowpro intake, and will sport the lil turbo sbc deal. i've never owned a tunnel, so it'd be fun to build, but a short gullwing with a 1000hp+ and lowpro intake would be a blast to drive as well. what do yall think? tx18 tunnel or gullwing? my uncle is looking for a trailer in better shape for his tx20(single axle trailer), so i can pick up his trailer, rebuild it, use it for a tx18 tunnel. i'd have to find a trailer and build it for a gullwing:)sphss the tx20 trailer is a no brainer, just repair, repaint. i'm not ordering a hull till late summer, but i need to decide what hull so i can start aquiring riggin for whatever i get. would like to start buyin helms , cables, etc. and have alot of the basics on hand before i ever order the hull.tx18 tunnel or winger?:)sphss:)sphss both would make great 1000ft boats, both will weigh nothing with the big hp/tq sbc.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
something like this but nicer will be made in slamwrap to be put on the bow:)devil

Attachments

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna say go with a tunnel. I want a Cheyenne as my next one :)devil
don't think i can get a cheyenne light enuff cory. the hull will need to be under 400lbs, would like to get a 320-350lb hull;) power to weight ratio needs to be thought of threw this whole deal:)bulb

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know so I'm asking, is it possible to get any tunnel hull that light?
:D i'm sure but where we race, 350lbs is too light:p that lil cp tunnel with the sbc my uncle broke up on the lake weighed around 330lbs.

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
yes it is possible to get them that light hell some of the tpr i believe weigh 400 and i know eliminator used to make a really light hull that you couldnt put any weight on a small area or you would go through it i believe those weighed around 300 a friend used to have one here in yuma and when you went over wakes at an angle you could see the forks move with the water it was a crazy ass ride

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
don't think i can get a cheyenne light enuff cory. the hull will need to be under 400lbs, would like to get a 320-350lb hull;) power to weight ratio needs to be thought of threw this whole deal:)bulb
Gonna be a thin hull for sure that light. We better keep those damn wakeboard boats away from the cove when you're runnin :)sphss

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
winger:)deviltom use your head on the weight deal.;)

·
Shifty Racing
689 Posts
It really depends on you. Cause I love my heavy layed up winger, and from what I've heard those super light lay ups don't last real long. Are you going strickly race? Or do you want a little river running also??

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It really depends on you. Cause I love my heavy layed up winger, and from what I've heard those super light lay ups don't last real long. Are you going strickly race? Or do you want a little river running also??
just sold my mid weight gullwing last week so i'm not looking to get another hull like it;) have a maxum skiboat now, so my new boat will be strictly go fast:)devil

trav, get a chance to talk to seastrum about the 18?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just get a 16' texas tunnel and hold on to your arse!!!!

What happened to the SWTD deal ?
took 1/2 the 10k from the tx19 sell and paid off bunch of piss ant stuff(450 a month worth of payments), then bought a nice clean bowrider. was keeping momma/kids happy, gettin back to basic bills(no loan payments, no cc's:)devil ) in order to be able to take a loan this summer for the new boat. call it longterm strategy:D in the meanwhile that 450 i'm saving myself a month will get channeled into the turbo motor build, pump, etc.;) gonna sux, but i've seen enuff of you guys doin 2yr projects and yall are still alive, figured i'd live threw it as well:p

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
pickup my 350 lbs cp tunnel, pics here on the spam section has some rigging and a nice paint job....... bob fry
that'd do it, but i want a new hull, tired of buyin other people's boat;) next boat will be the 1 i keep till i'm to __ing old to run it:D

·
Registered
868 Posts
Impatient 1, I did the same thing built this boat had it out ( 3 ) times and went and purchased a brand new socal / tpr 19 hull that will be a one off deal and it well always be my boat...but the cp is quick and set up for ( 1 ) person :D . thanks busby hope some one buys it, If not g and s marine will hang it from there ceiling for all to see...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts