Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Short and stout
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what application you would put 3% gears in. Another words what type of hp and or boat application. I guess I just want to know in general, what this gear ratio would be good for as this seems real low. Thanks for the info.:)bulb

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
If you're refering to the ones for sale in the spam section... We could sure use them in our little hydro project/ 383 SBC but to much $$ going elsewhere right now to pick them up...price is right though....;)

·
Maxwell Smartass
353 Posts
Old larger day cruisers with low horsepower, some of the old school boxes even had under-driven ratios.

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
I was wondering what application you would put 3% gears in. Another words what type of hp and or boat application. I guess I just want to know in general, what this gear ratio would be good for as this seems real low. Thanks for the info.:)bulb
Probably something like this right Adam. :p:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Older SKI tow boats such as Correct- Craft run 1.1 turn 5000 rpm, 50 MPH newer with 123.1 PCM under drive turn 5000 rpm, still AAP 50 MPH. Some other models run 46.1 still turn 50 Mph. The science of propellers.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Old larger day cruisers with low horsepower, some of the old school boxes even had under-driven ratios.

My 24' Howard Cruizer is 4% underdriven.
CC

·
Short and stout
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats what most of the river k's run, with all that power they got.:D
I'm kinda new to this stuff so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Is this true? k boats are running 3%. I know that you are the man when it comes to this stuff but It just does'nt seem like they would run that low of a gear.:)bulb

·
Just another Wannabe
1,200 Posts
My small block boat with My big K prop on it. The boat loves the prop, but it won't let the engine barely turn.

Kinda like Gordies Dyno. :)

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
George Nordlings E66R needs a set of 03 or 06 twelve degree. Wannabe, you bringin it to Burley? I need someone there to make me look good:D

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I'm kinda new to this stuff so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Is this true? k boats are running 3%. I know that you are the man when it comes to this stuff but It just does'nt seem like they would run that low of a gear.:)bulb
The King is FOCKIN with ya on this one...:p:D

Steve

·
Just another Wannabe
1,200 Posts
If Gordies' lips are moving, he is lying. He really likes to hammer on those river K guys.

And just for you Jerk - no. Unless some money rolls in we will not be at burley. But my sister in that boat would not make you look good, I can guarantee that!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts