Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mud slinger
1,983 Posts
Im curious what is the range of propshaft depths on different singles cats
with center pods.

Im real curious what they set up 26 rpm boats they seem the fastest for there size.
well mine is too low. Im looking for a shorter lower right now. they should be within an inch of the bottom. RPM's is a whole different story. Wish I could be more help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im curious what is the range of propshaft depths on different singles cats
with center pods.

Im real curious what they set up 26 rpm boats they seem the fastest for there size.
Our propshaft heights vary based on the drive, but if it is an XR Sportmaster or an IMCO SC then the height is typically even with our centerpod which is up slightly from the outside sponsons. We can go a little higher and gain a little more speed but then it is more difficult to roll up on plane with a 4 blade Bavo prop. If you run a 5 blade then it can go up another 1/4-1/2" depending on the prop. We typically do not raise it above the centerpod to provide for good full load driveability.

Every cat will be different though, especially if the center pod is significantly raised above the outside sponsons. It just takes a lot of testing to find the sweet spot that gives you both driveability and performance.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our propshaft heights vary based on the drive, but if it is an XR Sportmaster or an IMCO SC then the height is typically even with our centerpod which is up slightly from the outside sponsons. We can go a little higher and gain a little more speed but then it is more difficult to roll up on plane with a 4 blade Bavo prop. If you run a 5 blade then it can go up another 1/4-1/2" depending on the prop. We typically do not raise it above the centerpod to provide for good full load driveability.

Every cat will be different though, especially if the center pod is significantly raised above the outside sponsons. It just takes a lot of testing to find the sweet spot that gives you both driveability and performance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response :D.You guys diffently have the hull and the set up down.I know each hull is different but i was just wondering how much each hull was different.Im building a 22 daytona with big power and was wondering where to set the prop at.I know it would be way different then your guys setup do to shorter boat and just a notched bottom (not a step bottom) but it is still nice to hear what other boats are running.My center pod is pretty much even with the sponsons.If you have any input my ears are open.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the response :D.You guys diffently have the hull and the set up down.I know each hull is different but i was just wondering how much each hull was different.Im building a 22 daytona with big power and was wondering where to set the prop at.I know it would be way different then your guys setup do to shorter boat and just a notched bottom (not a step bottom) but it is still nice to hear what other boats are running.My center pod is pretty much even with the sponsons.If you have any input my ears are open.
Thanks again!
Give me a call and I will be glad to help in any way I can. I actually had a 22 Daytona not too long ago so I am very familiar with the setup. I also made some mods to the bottom that made a huge difference in the performance of the boat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.