Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cole SS
139 Posts
I'm doing the same project with my 454. Opened it up to replace heades with performer RPM's and found a mess. Bored over .60, dimple rods, forged 13.8 dome pistons. Will have 9.75 compression. XM270h comp cam. Bowtie intake. Using stock logs which I port matched. Headers cost to much and would be a hassle with my engine cover ( which I like). Hopping to make about 450 hp @5,200. Almost together and ready for boat.

·
Registered
177 Posts
77 Sanger Runner Bottom

Well just about got the new hardware done, then it all comes apart to be powdercoated,Polishing is done by 42 Johnny I highly recomend him, and the floors are going to get some veneer, and flowcoat, The motor is getting beefed up , sitting at motor guys shop , going to be a 496 with 13.5 to pistons, New Brodix BB2 extra heads , 700 lift roller cam, new tunnel ram with 2 dominators on top, Oh and a little squirt of nitrous. Vehicle Water transportation Mode of transport Road Car
Product Metal Fashion accessory Silver Auto part

·
Registered
176 Posts
1977 Biesemeyer

Here's our project, a 1977 Biesemeyer that pops and I are gonna race this summer in the new small block SE flat bottom class. Needs quite a bit of work like anodizing and polishing but it's all there and it all works!
Vehicle Car Auto part Formula libre Engine

Technology Engine Vehicle Auto part Electronic device

Cosmetics Glass

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Sadly my pile is likely a winter, summer and then another winter kind of project. Probably wont make it on the water this year unless I steal the kids boat.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well just about got the new hardware done, then it all comes apart to be powdercoated,Polishing is done by 42 Johnny I highly recomend him, and the floors are going to get some veneer, and flowcoat, The motor is getting beefed up , sitting at motor guys shop , going to be a 496 with 13.5 to pistons, New Brodix BB2 extra heads , 700 lift roller cam, new tunnel ram with 2 dominators on top, Oh and a little squirt of nitrous. View attachment 144153 View attachment 144154
Nice Resto. Love the old school paint job on the sanger runner. Great Job

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Silverdale Hot Boater

Shawn, where in Silverdale are you? I'm in Silverdale right off of Silverdale Way. Nice to see another boater over here. Beautiful boat!
I am just off of Bucklin Hill Rd at the base of Ridgetop. Where can we get away with taking a flattie that has open headers out for some testing around here?????:cool:

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
I am just off of Bucklin Hill Rd at the base of Ridgetop. Where can we get away with taking a flattie that has open headers out for some testing around here?????:cool:
Hah! Damn, youre close. I'm right past the "Welcome to Silverdale" sign where Newberry meets Silverdale Way.

It's tough on open headers. Mason Lake might be okay on a weekday as is Lake Tapps. Alder Lake in Peirce County is good. Lake Cushman has been okay for some in the past. Not sure if it still is. The Snohomish River is really popular with the gang but obviously is a bit of a drive for you and I.

The bay here is good if youre not afraid of the salt water. You wont have a problem there unless its something like Whaling Days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, your are right about Mason Lake. We have a place on the lake and during the weekends you really have to pick the right time to roll. I go first about 7 or 8 am or durring dinner time 5 to 6 after that people just cruse the shore to check things out. I terrorize the lake in my 74 Skagen flat runnin a Fe Ford motor, lots of fun but I got to tell ya those wakeboard boats throw a hellava big so be carfull if you come down.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Hi guys, your are right about Mason Lake. We have a place on the lake and during the weekends you really have to pick the right time to roll. I go first about 7 or 8 am or durring dinner time 5 to 6 after that people just cruse the shore to check things out. I terrorize the lake in my 74 Skagen flat runnin a Fe Ford motor, lots of fun but I got to tell ya those wakeboard boats throw a hellava big so be carfull if you come down.
Thanks Macs. What about noise complaints? Can you run there with headers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Macs. What about noise complaints? Can you run there with headers?
The jet boats run headers but they are the wet type and I run wet logs with o/ts . Not bad at slow speed thru the slough but nice and load with my foot in the kitchen. Also they remodeled the boat ramp much user friendly but only one lane compared to two before, still not not much line up on busy day maybe 2-3 boats but every one gets along and that makes it better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.