Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
What's the best starter for a big block 460 ford ?
I have known the production OEM 1993-up F250 mini-starters to fire 665 cubic inch all-alumunum Fords without breaking a sweat.

LO

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Autozone $35 special with lifetime warranty. Still waiting to use that warranty after 7 years.'

A buddy of mine bought two of them for his Ford. He figured for $35 it had to be a piece of crap and thought it was a good idea to have a spare. It's still in the box 10 years later (he doesn't use his boat much any more though).

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
What are you guys using ?
I've had stock starters last over 5 yrs. The current one on the 12:1 565" is over 10 yrs old maybe 12yrs has been used for at least 8. If you're killing starters put a large car washing sponge between the oil pan and the starter at the bell housing. Before I learned that trick we would loose a starters every 3 trips. It's a Pep Boys.... I remember...." is your truck a two wheel drive or 4 wheel drive" Hey just get me the phucking starter would you !!!!!

I have known the production OEM 1993-up F250 mini-starters to fire 665 cubic inch all-alumunum Fords without breaking a sweat.

LO

Thanks for the heads up, I think one of those will work better with my new kickout oil pan.

S CP :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts