Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Co-Founder of SHB
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 18' Sunkisst , lite lay-up , what would be the fastest and safest speed for this hull, I'm gonna spray the chit out of it next year ! but I want to keep it safe as much as possible, what do you guys think ?? thanks

Markist

·
i'm back!!
687 Posts
Well I had a beismeyer true v hull 19', blown(C-16 and 24 psi,500 inch) with a 200 shot..got it to run 101 at parker steady as a rock..ran about 92 at altitude with less spray.

Friend had a 18' kachina, 500,TR, spray, ran about 86 stable as well,put same motor in a 18' CP..bam 98.

ur gunna have to keep the pump loaded, and that means dropping the shoe, and that gets risky if u have to shut off quick. I would for sure put a pressure guage on the pump intake side and keep her loaded but not to excess. Most all v-bottoms need a good amount of shoe, my beismier ran 1/4 inch under keel to keep hooked up on the bottle, the kachina 3/16 inch...IMHO :)devil

·
LIQUID QUARTER MILE
562 Posts
:))eek:))
I have a 18' Sunkisst , lite lay-up , what would be the fastest and safest speed for this hull, I'm gonna spray the chit out of it next year ! but I want to keep it safe as much as possible, what do you guys think ?? thanks

Markist

·
Classic Hotboater!
932 Posts

Markist
FAST and SAFE in the same sentence........You better worry about blacking out when Momma wraps you up side da head:D

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
spraying the shit outta it?

Markist

how does it handle now?
what speeds are you running now?

when you say spray the shit outta it what do you mean?200:)bulb500:)bulb

lots of things to consider when you say you are going to spray it.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
19' Rogers Bonneville TR, heavy boat, went 115 and change with 1000+hp blown motor. ran low 9s in the quarter too.

·
i'm back!!
687 Posts
19' Rogers Bonneville TR, heavy boat, went 115 and change with 1000+hp blown motor. ran low 9s in the quarter too.

Yeah the rodgers really run great !!! remember one at parker njba, I think called "tacky bitch" but my memory sucks....:)sphss

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Not to worry Mark, Gina's gonna whoop up on yer ass as soon as you whack the pedal anyway, may as well just jeave it alone! Save some money too!
Or buy a Tunnel and she will be too stoked about the ride to worry about the speed!

·
small block jet
392 Posts
how does it handle now?
what speeds are you running now?

when you say spray the shit outta it what do you mean?200:)bulb500:)bulb

lots of things to consider when you say you are going to spray it.
Yeah,
How fast is it now:) Inquiring minds want to know:)
Ward's v bottom Eliminater with a delta pad is in the 3D club:)devil with a hole shot that that will surprise most. No bottles to change out either; what a PITA on the bank:)hand

·
Registered
797 Posts
run a 79 sanger 800# hull 514 ford runs 85 all day long and still tuning the set up should get another 5-6 mph out of it. running 82 in 600' and she runs steady and true

·
Co-Founder of SHB
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah,
How fast is it now:) Inquiring minds want to know:)
Ward's v bottom Eliminater with a delta pad is in the 3D club:)devil with a hole shot that that will surprise most. No bottles to change out either; what a PITA on the bank:)hand
back in '04 it ran 89 on the GPS , and I have run the dogshit out of it ever since..

Well let's just say for a POS engine she does pretty good :)grn but that ones coming out, and BIGGER and BETTER going in..

I'd have to see that! (3D club) not saying it won't Bob,

PITA ??

I just wanna make sure that it can handle 750hp and a 250 shot :)hand

Markist

·
Co-Founder of SHB
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn Warp!!!! can't a man dream a little, it don't look nothing like that now:|err:|err:|err:|err:|err:)hand

Markist

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
This old Avenger ad showing where one set a record at 130+ back in the 70's.... Don't know any detailed info on the boat or if its actually the fastest v-hull, but 139 is pretty fast.... :p

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts