·
Got Any Pix?
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want one for my birthday. Tired of getting lost :D

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
A map and a compass.....never have to worry about it.....I guess it is my military training.......never lost!:D

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
I have a Garmin Etrek Vista that am considering selling.

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
I have a Garmin Etrek Vista that am considering selling.

I have an etrek Legend...going to ebay very soon. They are great units but I need something with a bigger screen that shows topo.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
For the truck/road stuff, I've got a Nuvi... for the rhino and offroad, I've got an etrex Legend, both Garmins. The handheld Legend is 5 or so years old and still had more info on it than the plotter on the boat when I moved a boat 750 miles up the Mexican coast back in June. Showed ports and even channel markers. Very impressive!!! :D

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Same here. Screen is way too small.

I have an etrek Legend...going to ebay very soon. They are great units but I need something with a bigger screen that shows topo.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I just got a Nuvi 1300T, from what I underdtand the models ending in a T give you real time on traffic conditions.

Example: I was heading somewhere last week and it notified me of a 30 min back up and routed me around it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just found a cool deal called a Spot II. It's a GPS unit that has a sender...911, help needed, and I'm OK... It also sends waypoints to your email so you can see where you been after the trip.

No help with traffic, but if you get good and lost it may come in handy...

·
Got Any Pix?
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A map and a compass.....never have to worry about it.....I guess it is my military training.......never lost!:D
I tried orienteering... EPIC FAIL :D

Hand held GPS or traffic type?
Traffic type

For the truck/road stuff, I've got a Nuvi... for the rhino and offroad, I've got an etrex Legend, both Garmins. The handheld Legend is 5 or so years old and still had more info on it than the plotter on the boat when I moved a boat 750 miles up the Mexican coast back in June. Showed ports and even channel markers. Very impressive!!! :D
Das Kool :cool:

I just got a Nuvi 1300T, from what I underdtand the models ending in a T give you real time on traffic conditions.

Example: I was heading somewhere last week and it notified me of a 30 min back up and routed me around it.
That, I could use :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts