Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Of The California Boaters Are Talking Alot About The Deadly Parasites At Lake Havasu.should We All Be Concerned For Our Children Swimming In The Lake?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Some Of The California Boaters Are Talking Alot About The Deadly Parasites At Lake Havasu.should We All Be Concerned For Our Children Swimming In The Lake?
Just spent a week there.....not too much talk about it at the lake. Some of the info I read made it clear that the conditions are pretty specific:

over 80 degree water
stagnant (not moving) water
in deeper silt (1-2' depths)

Nasty warm, sewer-like marsh water is the preferred habitat for this lil' cerebellum munching bastard!!

Stay in cooler, deeper coves that have moving water and you are OK!!!

Texas, Florida and some other Southern states have more occurrences.

I think the paranoia is warranted but be cautious just like any other disease!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
PS- Just got home from Havi...have a migraine, blurry vision, bleeding nose and hear a munching sound in my head...SHOULD I WORRY???? J/K:)sphss

Probably those Naked Turtle buckets, huh???

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Like way in the back of Steamboat, WHERE WE USUALLY GO:( No movement in the water but sandy beach. Oh well no more for us and its sort of odd how there are more cases of boys being infected than girls:confused: DONT JUMP IN with out nose plugs!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Make sure you tell your kids not to try to pet the bobcats that have been seen swimming in the lake lately:D:D

Seriously, I think the amoeba is in the back of everyones mind, it will probably take a couple of years before people feel comfortable again with there kids.
You should check with the city for the latest info.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It enters through the nose not the ears. It also needs to have some force to make it in.

You guys know these were around when we were kids right?

well some of you might pre-date it:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts