Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad bought it years ago.if i remember right they were not that good?maybe somebody has done some better testing or Knows more about them.
boat floor 007.jpg
boat floor 008.jpg
boat floor 009.jpg

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
does it work as is or does it need to be turned down?

S CP

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
does it work as is or does it need to be turned down?

S CP
You still need to turn your shaft and mill the shaft for a keyway like any inducer install, the inducer fits as is, no machining on the part itself.

We dont run those inducers in any of our stuff.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Until the HM came to be, they all needed work for optimum gains. The HM is almost perfect out of the box.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That is the Precision Jet Drive billet inducer. Made in Ca.

i was pretty sure that was what it was called.

my shaft is already set-up for a inducer.

i guess im wanting to know if they are worth a shit,lol!?

i need one and if this one will compare to a HTM or a detailed DPS then ill try it.if not ill give it back to Dad and tell him sell it to somebody he doesn't like,lol!

i think i read some where or heard the pitch on blades was not good?

hell if i know :duh:

·
Registered
374 Posts
If your not running one now , it should certainly be an improvement. Would be even better if you cut the blades back so they didnt overlap. And lastly if you wanted to go even further you could thin the barrel down a bit. This is all JMO.

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
You still need to turn your shaft and mill the shaft for a keyway like any inducer install, the inducer fits as is, no machining on the part itself.

We dont run those inducers in any of our stuff.
Are DPS inducers any good?
I have one matched with my SS Aggressor impellor.

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
If your not running one now , it should certainly be an improvement. Would be even better if you cut the blades back so they didnt overlap. And lastly if you wanted to go even further you could thin the barrel down a bit. This is all JMO.
That's what I was going to do with mine this go around, but I worried about balancing issues. It made such a big improvement over what I had before, which was nothing, I just decided to leave it. Not really looking for tenths at this point.

DPS was the top of the line till the HM. I thought there would be a flood of DPS inducers on the market with everybody switching over, but there wasnt.:redface:

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks!:))THumbsUp

recon how much i should cut the blades back?

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
i was pretty sure that was what it was called.

my shaft is already set-up for a inducer.

i guess im wanting to know if they are worth a shit,lol!?

i need one and if this one will compare to a HTM or a detailed DPS then ill try it.if not ill give it back to Dad and tell him sell it to somebody he doesn't like,lol!

i think i read some where or heard the pitch on blades was not good?

hell if i know :duh:
There are others out there that will work better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Its a good inducer. You need to cut /grind the leading edge to be a smooth cut/flow. As it stand now the inducer cut causes the water to jump causing a cavatation and disruption to the water flow. It flows over 5,500 GPM far beyond your pumps output. Just use your hand to get the flow smooth and clean for the Impeller feed you will fill it. Have ran on many Big Dog Boats. Its S/S Billett. Good Luck! If your Dad's Scott tell him Hi Dave Jones!

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
FWIW Trav I'm runnin the HM in both my boats. Got the 1 for the Cheyenne @ B1. Well worth the $$$$$. JMO:cool:

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FWIW Trav I'm runnin the HM in both my boats. Got the 1 for the Cheyenne @ B1. Well worth the $$$$$. JMO:cool:
i gave this one back to Dad and he is going to have it worked over by a anonymous source.

i bought 1 from Chris @ B1 today.

Thanks Everyone for the low down and Advice.

Travis

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
i gave this one back to Dad and he is going to have it worked over by a anonymous source.

i bought 1 from Chris @ B1 today.

Thanks Everyone for the low down and Advice.

Travis

I gotta quit giving up my secrets :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts