Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a Wheel mounted Billet Diverter switch Like Rex? Just wondering what else is out there.
This is what Rex has. I like it. But would like the switch buttons to activate Up & Down. These are left to right from what I can see on the switch.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Ive seen a few nicer setups......

Just cant remember where....

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Anyone have a Wheel mounted Billet Diverter switch Like Rex? Just wondering what else is out there.
This is what Rex has. I like it. But would like the switch buttons to activate Up & Down. These are left to right from what I can see on the switch.
Dana Marine also has them.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
With the switch in hand you could make a bracket to do what you are looking to do.

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
I ended up - running a rocker switch , located my reverser handle - Rex had it custom made for me :) just cause he loves me ! UP = stiff down = Limp - lol funnything is it works just the oppisite :) when the roster is down and the boat is hooked up thats when i go stiff :) :D

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I had one on the Kachina I know about the cords. Once the Curly cord Stretched out a bit it just hung there. That don't bother me to much. It would be nice to drill out the helm but I want to boat!!!. I'll deal with a cord. I like that Dana one. I just need to find one with a straight or curly covered cord. Ill. PM Dana M. about it.

·
InsaneInjun
592 Posts
wheel switches

i use a set up from cp performance that had two push buttons like the one for the hyd.diverter unit.belive it or not it on my v-drive linear for my cav. plates !

·
2,925 Posts
Run a manuel ya pu$$y:) Jusss kiddin Jimmy;) The second one is that one I seen. Very nice piece :)

Spitter

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Run a manuel ya pu$$y:) Jusss kiddin Jimmy;) The second one is that one I seen. Very nice piece :)

Spitter
Awe come on mike. You know i got to roll with the auto this and the auto that:D

The manual ones are right now reaction. This gives me more to b!tch about when crap goes wrong.:p Like last summer when I re-routed my hydro lines to look cleaner but didn't notice that I had placed them just below where my weep holes from the headers shoot out. Well I ended up blowing the line in the down position:|err.

I wish I could mill aluminum at work. I'd make my own housing so the switch would activate up & down.

·
2,925 Posts
Awe come on mike. You know i got to roll with the auto this and the auto that:D

The manual ones are right now reaction. This gives me more to b!tch about when crap goes wrong.:p Like last summer when I re-routed my hydro lines to look cleaner but didn't notice that I had placed them just below where my weep holes from the headers shoot out. Well I ended up blowing the line in the down position:|err.

I wish I could mill aluminum at work. I'd make my own housing so the switch would activate up & down.

You know I just want to pull ya leg:p Representin' Da Eastside:D:D

·
Registered
851 Posts
At advantage back in the 80's we used to gun drill the helm shaft, machine a little grove in the wheel adaptor and then machine the little rectangle hole, or holes if two switches were used, in the two upper spokes of the sterring wheel. That way we didn't need to hang a bracket off the wheel, and the only wires that showed were just about 3 inches of them across the front of the wheel into the grove, (unseen from the drivers seat) it was very clean.
Action industries did our billet stuff back then, they're no longer around. In fact I think Paul passed away.

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes Sanger Rat. I seen it. I'm looking for a steering wheel mount. Soon I'll post a video that shows the waters I run in. The one toggle switch mounted on the side is OK but I would rather have it on the wheel so I can keep both hands on the wheel.

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
I like mine on the wheel too.:))THumbsUp

1 - 19 of 19 Posts