Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I guess that's one way to totally destroy a pair of undershorts :|err

Never ever reach over a cranking engine......That's rule number one somewhere....:)bulb

GT :)hand

·
Registered
582 Posts
!!!!!!!

Phuck me runnin! Bad day for the guy standing over the motor, It only took one backfire out of my motor to make me never put my head directly over the top of the motor. That is a story for another time though.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
That one looks very familiar, think I saw a longer version before (like 2 min. or so). It was obviously lean, surging really bad, but was OK as long as he kept the RPM up. Driver let it idle too low and then tried to bump it. BANG!

Yea, that's a shorts-wrecker there.

·
Frst Round Runnerup
334 Posts
I grew up goin to NHRA races. More than one Top Fueler launched his blower into the stands in the years before blower restraints! That sumbich is lucky to still have his head attached.

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
I grew up goin to NHRA races. More than one Top Fueler launched his blower into the stands in the years before blower restraints! That sumbich is lucky to still have his head attached.
HE SAID HIS EARS WERE RINGING FOR HOURS AFTER ...and it got a little warm in the cockpit ...they peeled the seat of his back of his fire suit it was sooo hot .

now you know why they call the boat HOT LICKS ...lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ouch! I've never seen that before but have heard of it... lucky he walked away ALIVE

... to think I thought a backfire was bad????

·
Horsepower sells Engines
402 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I bet his ears were ringing for a while!! Holy carp and he's lucky to have two arms still attached! I think that warm feeling might be pooh.

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
here is the pass ..... well the BOOOOOOM!!!! THIS SHOWS WHY TFH are on the holding rope alone...

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
I was at the World Finals at Pomona in '85 in the traps at the end of the chainlink when a TF banged a blower. I see what's left of the case headed toward me in excess of 200 mph. It's one of those holy shit moments that makes you hit the ground RIGHT NOW!
Ah, the good old days.....:)devil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts