Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we had a nuclear missile scare in Hawaii (Called a paradise- Now maybe a conservative's paradise?)....Anyway, I'm sure you are all looking forward to sitting ringside at a nuclear holocaust.......What are you doing to prepare? Building a bomb-shelter under your house, so you can come up after and enjoy the smoking ruins?......As you well know, it's very easy to survive nuclear radiation....All that scientific hookum about radiation killing you is just more scare tactics by those Anti-religious devil-worshipping science morons!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
First this was a stupid state mistake and had noting to do with the Fed gov. Second, anyone who lived thru the cold war knows the Gov has no civilian response for anything like this and no shelter will save you if you are in the blast zone. Even the great Cheyenne Mountain cant take a direct hit. You might as well pull up a chair and enjoy the fireworks. You may want to put on some sunscreen and rest assured your country will respond a 100 fold.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
First this was a stupid state mistake and had noting to do with the Fed gov. Second, anyone who lived thru the cold war knows the Gov has no civilian response for anything like this and no shelter will save you if you are in the blast zone. Even the great Cheyenne Mountain cant take a direct hit. You might as well pull up a chair and enjoy the fireworks. You may want to put on some sunscreen and rest assured your country will respond a 100 fold.
It was a mistake by an individual, and nothing more.
The tests though are a direct result of having a President foolishly taunting North Korea. It's another case of Trump's bulling. The US does have a much larger arsenal, but still, it's not advisable to keep mocking the little guy. It accomplishes nothing good and the little guy may decide he's had enough, regardless of the outcome. No one knows how stable the North Korean President is, but we know the US doesn't have one thats stable. How many times has he been set off by immaterial things already like another tweet.
Trump is a Bully, and he knows that if there is an incident, that he can get on Air Force 1 and relocate himself. He's going to be safe, and someone else will have to do the dirty work.

As far as seeking shelter, I guess you can sit outside and watch the fireworks, but any blast is going to be in one location. If the blast is far enough away, your chances of survival are considerably better if you can be in a secured area. If the blast is centered where you are either way, the fireworks memory wouldn't last long. Either way, its advisable not to look at the blast. Don't you remember that from the cold war days?

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
It was a mistake by an individual, and nothing more.
The tests though are a direct result of having a President foolishly taunting North Korea. It's another case of Trump's bulling. The US does have a much larger arsenal, but still, it's not advisable to keep mocking the little guy. It accomplishes nothing good and the little guy may decide he's had enough, regardless of the outcome. No one knows how stable the North Korean President is, but we know the US doesn't have one thats stable. How many times has he been set off by immaterial things already like another tweet.
Trump is a Bully, and he knows that if there is an incident, that he can get on Air Force 1 and relocate himself. He's going to be safe, and someone else will have to do the dirty work.

As far as seeking shelter, I guess you can sit outside and watch the fireworks, but any blast is going to be in one location. If the blast is far enough away, your chances of survival are considerably better if you can be in a secured area. If the blast is centered where you are either way, the fireworks memory wouldn't last long. Either way, its advisable not to look at the blast. Don't you remember that from the cold war days?
IMG_0499.jpg

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trumpy is such a complete idiot that he is a nuclear holocaust waiting to happen.....And everyone who voted for him has been led down a path....By a ring thru the nose....Putin is getting his money's worth..."The US of A is run by idiots, and is not a trustworthy country anymore.....All other countries would do well to not associate with the US...Break off all ties and isolate this dangerous country..." is what Putin wants all countries to think of the US.....

Just wait for the total economic collapse of the US.....and then, when we need to borrow MORE money to cover our (continually) growing debt, the other countries will have no interest to loan us any....in fact, the incentive will be to NOT lend us any money....

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Trumpy is such a complete idiot that he is a nuclear holocaust waiting to happen.....And everyone who voted for him has been led down a path....By a ring thru the nose....Putin is getting his money's worth..."The US of A is run by idiots, and is not a trustworthy country anymore.....All other countries would do well to not associate with the US...Break off all ties and isolate this dangerous country..." is what Putin wants all countries to think of the US.....

Just wait for the total economic collapse of the US.....and then, when we need to borrow MORE money to cover our (continually) growing debt, the other countries will have no interest to loan us any....in fact, the incentive will be to NOT lend us any money....
If you feel so poorly toward your country why don,t you do the Sane thing,pack up your shit and move to Venezuela.You will love it there and you will be close enough to vacation in cuba.Problems solved.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
If you feel so poorly toward your country why don,t you do the Sane thing,pack up your shit and move to Venezuela.You will love it there and you will be close enough to vacation in cuba.Problems solved.
It's comments like this that show a sad state of affairs on a personal level. According to you, if someone has a different opinion, then they should move to another country, is that what you think?
If it is, why didn't you move elsewhere when Obama was President?
You did have 8 years to move, and at least you can afford to move now.

There are so many Right wingers on this Forum that have posted similar comments, so why didn't they move?

Perhaps some of us actually respect what this country is supposed to be, and Trump isn't it. There will always be differences of opinion, but Trump doesn't allow other opinions.
Several days ago on National TV, Trump said that he would sign whatever bill the committee came up with, and the very next day he was totally against what had been agreed to by both Republicans and Democrats.

·
Registered
443 Posts
It's comments like this that show a sad state of affairs on a personal level. According to you, if someone has a different opinion, then they should move to another country, is that what you think?

There are so many Right wingers on this Forum that have posted similar comments, so why didn't they move?

Perhaps some of us actually respect what this country is supposed to be, and Trump isn't it. There will always be differences of opinion, but Trump doesn't allow other opinions.
Several days ago on National TV, Trump said that he would sign whatever bill the committee came up with, and the very next day he was totally against what had been agreed to by both Republicans and Democrats.
Youre so misleading.... it wasn’t a committee, it was 6 senators that even admitted their plan didn’t stand a chance against the rest of their respective parties. What I understand Trump said, was “go back. You can do better!” ..... Such seething words from a mentally unstable leader.

The “gang of six” just wanted to throw something at the dartboard so they can later claim “we HAD a plan, but HE said no!”.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

Try not to be an ASPY and use some critical thinking for a change.If your comrade doesn't like it he can move nothing is keeping him here.He won't though because things are not as bad as he makes them out to be.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Notice I asked the question (why don't you do the sane thing,pack up your shit and move to Venezuela).It was you who said I said he should move I never did, thats you putting words in my mouth.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Try not to be an ASPY and use some critical thinking for a change.If your comrade doesn't like it he can move nothing is keeping him here.He won't though because things are not as bad as he makes them out to be.
You and about a half dozen others moaned and groaned about Obama for as long as I can remember, now you brazenly say, "If you feel so poorly toward your country why don,t you do the Sane thing,pack up your shit and move to Venezuela.You will love it there and you will be close enough to vacation in cuba.Problems solved."
Have you forgotten? If you feel so strongly about what you posted regarding leaving, why didn't you?

The reason that I and others post what we post is because we see a leadership that is out of control. Quite a number of the other posters who you think are like you have even posted they don't care for Trump and didn't necessarily want him to be President. Most of them just didn't like Hillary more. I think they are wrong in their choice of, "Lesser of two evils," but that's past history. Trump is a disaster. He's a divider of people and is looking to benefit himself and other wealthy people like him. He doesn't care for the middle class, whatever that is.

Do you remember Trump speaking about Health Insurance and when he said, "It's an easy fix?" He has repeated that a number of times on various subjects. That should have told you then, he didn't know anything about it. How many times has he said he knows more about what is happening on the battle front than the Generals? He's said it many times. Recently, he said that he knew more about the tax laws than any of the accountants. But yet people like you and other followers still glorify him. I don't get it. He can't even put together his own staff, and he certainly can't do any of the day to day operations by himself. I don't understand respecting anyone like that.

As far as critical thinking, I can assure you there are few of the far right wing that demonstrate critical thinking and none on this forum. Your buds do not comprehend many of the words they use along with using generalizations that are less than what I would expect from a middle schooler. Then, you have those who are going to "fix" things by going neanderthal and try to bully or intimidate others. In my opinion, there are few things more stupid than threatening anyone on the internet in a public forum. It's simply beyond stupid, and anyone that does it should shunned.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Youre so misleading.... it wasn’t a committee, it was 6 senators that even admitted their plan didn’t stand a chance against the rest of their respective parties. What I understand Trump said, was “go back. You can do better!” ..... Such seething words from a mentally unstable leader.

The “gang of six” just wanted to throw something at the dartboard so they can later claim “we HAD a plan, but HE said no!”.

I have no idea where you heard, "Their plan didn’t stand a chance."
The committee, group, or whatever you choose to call them were selected to put something together.
They never said anything about not being able to do anything, and actually appeared optimistic they could. Where do you come up with this stuff?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
You and about a half dozen others moaned and groaned about Obama for as long as I can remember, now you brazenly say, "If you feel so poorly toward your country why don,t you do the Sane thing,pack up your shit and move to Venezuela.You will love it there and you will be close enough to vacation in cuba.Problems solved."
Have you forgotten? If you feel so strongly about what you posted regarding leaving, why didn't you?

The reason that I and others post what we post is because we see a leadership that is out of control. Quite a number of the other posters who you think are like you have even posted they don't care for Trump and didn't necessarily want him to be President. Most of them just didn't like Hillary more. I think they are wrong in their choice of, "Lesser of two evils," but that's past history. Trump is a disaster. He's a divider of people and is looking to benefit himself and other wealthy people like him. He doesn't care for the middle class, whatever that is.

Do you remember Trump speaking about Health Insurance and when he said, "It's an easy fix?" He has repeated that a number of times on various subjects. That should have told you then, he didn't know anything about it. How many times has he said he knows more about what is happening on the battle front than the Generals? He's said it many times. Recently, he said that he knew more about the tax laws than any of the accountants. But yet people like you and other followers still glorify him. I don't get it. He can't even put together his own staff, and he certainly can't do any of the day to day operations by himself. I don't understand respecting anyone like that.

As far as critical thinking, I can assure you there are few of the far right wing that demonstrate critical thinking and none on this forum. Your buds do not comprehend many of the words they use along with using generalizations that are less than what I would expect from a middle schooler. Then, you have those who are going to "fix" things by going neanderthal and try to bully or intimidate others. In my opinion, there are few things more stupid than threatening anyone on the internet in a public forum. It's simply beyond stupid, and anyone that does it should shunned.
Well Trump is alot of things and he is not alot of things.One thing is for sure he is not Hillary.So before you and your kindred spirits spend a lot of time blaming others go look in the mirror.Because you are as much to blame as anyone for putting up such a flawed candidate, so own it and try to do better next time.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have no idea where you heard, "Their plan didn’t stand a chance."
The committee, group, or whatever you choose to call them were selected to put something together.
They never said anything about not being able to do anything, and actually appeared optimistic they could. Where do you come up with this stuff?
First, they weren’t “selected” and second..Um.... let’s start with the dems stating they would never accept anything short of a “clean” bill (presumably letting a bunch of illegals skate the law while other law abiding immigrants still go through it)..kinda makes any deal a buzz-kill. It was dead before it started... BY DESIGN from the Democrats. Just enacted to say later “we offered an option and it was shot down”.... are these REALLY the people you elect??

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Trump is a fool and an idiot combined- He IS destroying this country, ruining any ability we have to influence other countries. You New "Conservatives" think that you can do anything and tell the rest of the world to go to hell, but we are all tied together....What will happen when we need TRILLIONS of dollars to cover our massive debt.....We will go to our friends in the world, right?......Whoops! We don't have any friends anymore! What happens >>>WHEN<<< we have another "Dustbowl" and can NOT grow any food for a decade? We will get food from other, friendly nations, right? That ain't happening.

So maybe the best way to get things done is to threaten everyone with nuclear annihilation to get our way......Remember when Ronald Reagan (You know, that "RINO" republican) called the USSR an "Evil empire"? Are we trying to replace them? Is that what we are now about? Is that what we aspire to be..? An "Evil Empire"?

Trump isn't just making a fool of himself, he is making a fool of our whole country! And YOU guys think he is a hero- because you have been brainwashed!

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Well Trump is alot of things and he is not alot of things.One thing is for sure he is not Hillary.So before you and your kindred spirits spend a lot of time blaming others go look in the mirror.Because you are as much to blame as anyone for putting up such a flawed candidate, so own it and try to do better next time.
The reason blaming others is appropriate much of the time would be, because your guy is in charge making bad decisions and saying inappropriate things. Isn't that who should be blamed for doing bad things? I'm not sure how looking in the mirror applies.
I hope next time the Democrats can select someone more acceptable to a broader section of the country. I'd hope the Republicans can do the same.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts