Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you gift a nice bottle of wine, do you present it with a dusted bottle, or wipe it clean?

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Unless I'm giving it to one of my friends who is a total slob and lives in a dark and dirty castle, I'll clean it up. :D :D

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Is the dust from being on the back of the 7-11 counter for a week, or from being in your wine cellar for decades?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Jordy takes his on ice in one of those Circle K Styrofoam coolers.:)sphss

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
Jordy takes his on ice in one of those Circle K Styrofoam coolers.:)sphss
Hell, that styrofoam stuff is messy!!! Just open the top of the box and put some of those freezer packs on top of the bag... are you new? :)sphss

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts

·
Junior Camper
58 Posts
If it's a truly exceptional bottle of wine, a dusty bottle will only add character to the gift.

Just be sure that the person on the receiving end would appreciate it. Everyone likes a tasty bottle of wine but some may see a seasoned bottle and think you didn't care enough to even wipe it down before you wrapped it!

Naturally, I'm assuming we are talking about RED wine...

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If it's a truly exceptional bottle of wine, a dusty bottle will only add character to the gift.

Just be sure that the person on the receiving end would appreciate it. Everyone likes a tasty bottle of wine but some may see a seasoned bottle and think you didn't care enough to even wipe it down before you wrapped it!

Naturally, I'm assuming we are talking about RED wine...

Of course red. I know of no truly fine white.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
I like the high dollar wine in the bottle with a screw on lid! To hell with those cheap corks! ;)

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Tickle Pink, because it makes me feel more sofisticated. lol.
Try taking a swig of Wild Island right after a beer... It tastes like a Sweettart. :)bulb

Notice I said "swig". That is sofistamacated as I get! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts