Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
NW Spectraholic
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Spectra 19 has a totally stock JC pump. At what HP level do I need to worry about getting a G bowl? I'm running an Olds for now, so I'm guessing it'll be ok for a while? :)violent11

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hey Malcolm, from what I understand a C bowl will flow more than a G bowl and handle just as much hp. The disadvantage being that a C bowl is not a split bowl type so you cannot run a droop. A C bowl can be modified to be a split bowl, don't know if Tony can do this but I know MPD can and probably a few others. Hope this helps.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
This is a Berkeley "C" bowl, was converted by MPD a few years ago.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Malcom I just changed my JC to a JG just to get the split! And the change was for looks an go! I will give you an update on the Spectra 19' in a couple of days! I hope!!!!:D:D:D

WT Coby

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i'd like to know how much they charge to do the bowl conversion, i've got a couple of c-bowls in reallly nice internal shape but the nozzle seal area is wore out. be nice to be able to run em.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Randy (HBJet) sent me some pics of the bowl he had converted awhile back, along with the number to MPD, back when I was looking into the C/G bowl swap. I spoke with the man (Jack) about the conversion deal & at the time he said he wasn't doing any. That's been about a year ago, though, so things may have changed since then. I should still have the pics HBJet sent, if someone wants them, let me know.

·
NW Spectraholic
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds good WT! I hope to get the 19 in the water soon and see how I like it. I have yet to get it wet since I bought it the week before Thanksgiving. :)sphss

·
Registered
601 Posts
My new Spectra 19 has a totally stock JC pump. At what HP level do I need to worry about getting a G bowl? I'm running an Olds for now, so I'm guessing it'll be ok for a while? :)violent11
unless you intend to put a droop on, there is no need to get rid of the c bowl

·
Registered
153 Posts
Actually some boats dont like the droop. Droops vs. Snoot vs. Stock
Depends on the hull. Each boat reacts differently. Rode on some boats that reacted well with it to some that I didnt sit easy with me.
Also you can run a diverter with a jc no adapter needed. Pull the old nozzle off at the pins and install diverter. I have it that way on mine and it runs well. Nice and clean setup.

·
lol, right.....
1,168 Posts
Actually some boats dont like the droop. Droops vs. Snoot vs. Stock
Depends on the hull. Each boat reacts differently. Rode on some boats that reacted well with it to some that I didnt sit easy with me.
Also you can run a diverter with a jc no adapter needed. Pull the old nozzle off at the pins and install diverter. I have it that way on mine and it runs well. Nice and clean setup.
Yep. Friend of mine here on the boards, (ATXWrangler) offered to let me use his bowl & droop while his boat was down, to see if it would make any difference on mine. In my case, it did, so I went ahead & swapped my C for a G... my diverter went right back on just like it was on the C bowl....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cool, yeah thats the best way to see. Your lucky. Ive seen a folks go through and change bowls, add droops and end up with donk. Ive seen some guys add so much chit that it starts to look like my sons old hamster tubes.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Cool, yeah thats the best way to see. Your lucky. Ive seen a folks go through and change bowls, add droops and end up with donk. Ive seen some guys add so much chit that it starts to look like my sons old hamster tubes.
i wish i had a pic. but i saw this guy at the lake once, with a rooster booster AND a berkeley droop. talked to him a little on the ramp before goin in and boy was he proud of his shitbox. he was talkin to me like everyone of these jet guys was an idiot except for him. boat was a turd of course. but boy did he shoot one hell of a rooster. it was shootin so high i was wondering how it was even moving forward

1 - 17 of 17 Posts