Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can we take the boat out now (Folsom area)

Its only going to get worse, what are the alternatives to Folsom Lake this summer?

For an after-work evening boat ride:

Go down to Garcia Bend?

Go all the way up to the Elkhorn Boat ramp? (I5 closed)

Go up to Sly Park ?(need to be quiet)

Can we have fun on Folsom as of July 16? I peeked over the edge at Salmon Falls Bridge and it looked like Coloma.

Rumors are the lake will go to 5mph on saturday the 19th.

Any advice is helpful, thanks.

·
InsaneInjun
592 Posts
where to go !

Where can we take the boat out now (Folsom area)

Its only going to get worse, what are the alternatives to Folsom Lake this summer?

For an after-work evening boat ride:

Go down to Garcia Bend?

Go all the way up to the Elkhorn Boat ramp? (I5 closed)

Go up to Sly Park ?(need to be quiet)

Can we have fun on Folsom as of July 16? I peeked over the edge at Salmon Falls Bridge and it looked like Coloma.

Rumors are the lake will go to 5mph on saturday the 19th.

Any advice is helpful, thanks.
Rollins,(Mike) run's greenhorn side great guy.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sacramento river is the closest to folsom, Discovery park...Restraunts, bars, boardwalks, and from there you are free to cruise all the way from Colusa to San Francisco, the Delta from Stockton to Rio vista. Also from there you can check out the Feather, American, Mokelomne rivers. Time to gas up the boat:)devil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where do you put in?

I don't mind putting in at Discovery Park, but I sure hate taking out. So many drunk guys around (on their boats), and I got my kids.

jay

·
Registered
474 Posts
Where do you put in?

I don't mind putting in at Discovery Park, but I sure hate taking out. So many drunk guys around (on their boats), and I got my kids.

jay
Discovery is the best in my opinion, I could do without the homeless people, ...............there is a ramp in West Sac just above the railroad bridge, theres Miller park, Elkhorn, Garcia bend. If you want clear water go to the American river, or the feather river. The restraunts and bars are fun, and you can park in old sac and go walk around town.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
I put in at Verona Marina. Take Baseline road to Riego, then to the levee. There were about ten trailers in the parking lot on Sunday. Perfect water and a great beach up river a bout five miles. I have lived next to the Granite Bay launch for about 15 years and only boat on the lake about two or three times a year. The rest of the time, I'm at the river.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts