Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
7,995 Posts
Log to riser

Are you referring to the logs to riser gaskets? I have always made them. There should be a thin piece of stainless sandwiched between two paper, (gasket material) gaskets. The big issue is getting the risers off with out breaking off the studs in the logs. Use WD40 or Marvel Mystery oil to soak those threads. I would guess the log manufacturer would have the necessary gaskets, if they are still in business. If not, get some gasket material, the thicker the better, and make them. DO NOT leave out the sandwiched metal, or you will have leaks the first time out......Once I get a set to NOT leak, I never take them apart again.......If yours don't leak now, leave them alone.........Ray

· "Try it Now!"
3,614 Posts
i got them at the local boat shop cheap. The studs can be a pita , i snapped one but nothing the machine shop couldn't handle fixing. If i remember, they're fine on one side, course on the other stainless studs. Good luck.

· Registered
1,496 Posts
well it looks like you found your leak.. good job!!!.. I would just use some gasket material as was suggested. If you have the metal peice in the middle you could use that as a template for the other peices.

· Registered
3,990 Posts
As was stated earler these two pieces are hard to get apart and I have had to cut old logs off of the riser! Not fun at all! What happens is like a fuesion between the stud and Alu. Be very very careful or you wil be buying new logs or risers! Good luck! WT:)devil

I just noticed in your video that both the logs and risers have been welded! When you get them off and apart inspect the insides for cracks that could put water back into the motor! Check real good on Ex. ports in logs!

· In pace requiescat
114 Posts
Use anti-sieze on the stud threads and nuts when you re-assemble to avoid galvanic corrosion.

p-jet

· Premium Member
7,314 Posts
Eugene ,those gaskets are in stock and ready to ship , just 249.93 rubles (about 8 bucks a pair) Dosvidanya :) Tom

ps yours look to be Very early Edelebrock type (3 equally spaced holes) not the standard "4" like Harmon, Hardin,Gil, Panther etc etc

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Eugene ,those gaskets are in stock and ready to ship , just 249.93 rubles (about 8 bucks a pair) Dosvidanya :) Tom

ps yours look to be Very early Edelebrock type (3 equally spaced holes) not the standard "4" like Harmon, Hardin,Gil, Panther etc etc
You're damn right! Just went back to the garages and checked. These are not hardine marine and are unmarked. The gasket has 3 holes and the diameter is approx 3.86 in.

I will call you tonight to get the stuff ordered. Can you please send me your email address?

· AKA OhOneWS6
2,634 Posts
You're damn right! Just went back to the garages and checked. These are not hardine marine and are unmarked. The gasket has 3 holes and the diameter is approx 3.86 in.

I will call you tonight to get the stuff ordered. Can you please send me your email address?
Damn. Sorry about that eugene. Glad Tom was able step in and get you the right piece. Hope the shipping to Russia on the wrong piece was not too much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.