Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I have a MSD 6AL sitting around that I would like to mount on my boat. It will be going on a typical 18ft bubble deck with a BBC and OTT Exhaust. Ideally, I would like to mount it somewhere on the top half of the engine where it will stay cool and away from water. I think I may have even seen a shop selling MSD mounts that hang off the top front of the engine. If you have picture examples of your MSD or other after market ignition box set up, I would greatly appreciate to see them.

Thank You in advance! :)

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
someone on here had a pic, maybe Sleeper- of it mounted on a hinge so it could be folded up under the deck right by the transom... or maybe i have been dreaming that in my head giving Sleeper the credit! haha

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are those head mount brackets you guys running custom fab or Hardin Marine or Dana Marin brackets?

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
someone on here had a pic, maybe Sleeper- of it mounted on a hinge so it could be folded up under the deck right by the transom... or maybe i have been dreaming that in my head giving Sleeper the credit! haha
Not me, nothing trick like that:

I made a board and glassed it and mounted it to the stringer. Mounted the MSD box,tach adapt, at one time rev limiter but now launch control to it, oh and the retard box for the Nos. It has a splash shield above it. Nothing trick it just gets the job done and every thing is there. I know a few people who mounted their boxes under the passinger side dash.

S CP :D

·
Registered
950 Posts
Msd mounting on transom

We bolted the plate that the msd comes with on the two top studs that hold the transom adapter. Unfortunatly no pics

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Early in the rigging process, mines tucked away on the transom. Not too shabby considering the boxes are 15 years old now :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts