Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Middle East burning? No help.

Budget debate? No where to be seen or provide leadership on cutting the budget.....remember the scalpel analogy?

Japan? Some are saying the biggest crisis the world has had since WWII......out playing golf!

0 leardership, no sack and pathetic!:angry:

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ABC News' Tahman Bradley reports:

President Obama just could not wait for spring weather to arrive.

For the second week in a row, the most powerful man in the world stepped away from the White House to hit the golf course.

Even as his administration and the U.S. military help Japan recover from a devastating earthquake, and as the world worries about ***ushima's nuclear reactor, the president could not resist taking advantage of the 48-degree weather in the Washington, D.C., area.

The president left the White House Saturday afternoon for a short trip to Joint Andrews Base in Camp Springs, Md.

With cloudy skies, it's not the best weather for golf, but Obama loves to spend his Saturdays on the greens. Last fall, Obama went golfing darn near every weekend.

These are never quick "work on your swing" trips; usually the president plays 18 holes, as he did last week.

-- Tahman Bradley

Earthquakes, tsunamis, riots, rebellions, oil prices, unemployment... but Obama's playing golf (link | CWEI Message Board Posts

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Maybe he is preparing for the day when world leaders settle their differences on the golf course instead of the battlefield :dunno:

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe he is preparing for the day when world leaders settle their differences on the golf course instead of the battlefield :dunno:
Yep....thats the sign of a CIC, not.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Middle East burning? No help.

Budget debate? No where to be seen or provide leadership on cutting the budget.....remember the scalpel analogy?

Japan? Some are saying the biggest crisis the world has had since WWII......out playing golf!

0 leardership, no sack and pathetic!:angry:
You are soooo right! He is slow on the up take, no leadership, can not be bothered by anything other than his own politcal ambitions. He just votes "present" on everything.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
He's a teen-age lottery winner using it up as fast as he can since he'll be on the government dole for the rest of his life.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
As long as he's away and if he'd only take his czars with him, maybe we'd stand a chance....:mad::|err

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Why isnt the US Navy dropping off supplies, giving humanitarian aid, desalinating water and providing emergency beds for the wounded?

Why aren't we helping to contain the reactor issues?

Where are we in this as a primary ally of Japan?

We have 1/4 of the entire fleet in these water doing what?

Maybe I feel this way because I have missing friends and co workers in Japan, who knows if they are freezing , starving, without water, and heat or dead- and we have massive support vessels and electricity generating capabilities RIGHT THERE.

It seems we offered more support for the crooked haitians that do the world no good than one of our closest allies.

Im embarrassed by our lack of visibility as an ally of Japan.

We look like we are asleep at the wheel.

Respectfully-

Uncle Dave

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Uhhh thought I read somewhere that the Navy had a fleet rolling over their to do just that. As far as the Big O... flame on....

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Uncle Dave,

Aren't we doing these things right now? I think we are, but we don't see it on the news that is for sure. And I am glad we don't as that would just be a "photo op" that we all don't like.

Things are happening fast right now and we can't move fast enough. Hopefully we are doing everything we can.

As far as BOBO, wouldn't it be best to keep him the heck away from all of it?? Just saying...:)hand

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Uncle Dave,

Aren't we doing these things right now? I think we are, but we don't see it on the news that is for sure. And I am glad we don't as that would just be a "photo op" that we all don't like.

Things are happening fast right now and we can't move fast enough. Hopefully we are doing everything we can.

As far as BOBO, wouldn't it be best to keep him the heck away from all of it?? Just saying...:)hand

Maybe we are- I dont see much if anything about that.

Why isnt he pres on live TV telling everyone we are and just as importantly- urging other nearby countries to do the same?

Maybe its a behind the scenes thing, but it looks and feels like we are asleep at the helm.

Other countries will "follow the lead of the leaders" and we need to get in front of everyone.

Uncle Dave

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
He's a teen-age lottery winner using it up as fast as he can since he'll be on the government dole for the rest of his life.
That is what I was going to say, "lottery winners". :)sphss

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
UD: As much as I can't wait to see Obama out of office you can't have it both ways. Do you want him on TV running his mouth as the leader of the country telling everyone what we are doing??? Or do you want him to crawl back into his cave and go away?

I understand you have family/friends over there so it's probably a bit harder for you to watch and hear about. I can't imagine not being able to connect with them after something like this.

I think the media needs to stop swinging of Obama's nuts and report to us what is going on over there vs what our government approves of telling us.

I know for a fact that the local Fire Department and other Search and Rescue units are already enroute to there if not there all ready. I too am kinda cuious as to what scale we are involved just like you are.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
As much as I can't wait to see Obama out of office you can't have it both ways. Do you want him on TV running his mouth as the leader of the country telling everyone what we are doing??? Or do you want him to crawl back into his cave and go away?

I understand you have family/friends over there so it's probably a bit harder for you to watch and hear about. I can't imagine not being able to connect with them after something like this.

I think the media needs to stop swinging of Obama's nuts and report to us what is going on over there vs what our government approves of telling us.

I know for a fact that the local Fire Department and other Search and Rescue units are already enroute to there if not there all ready. I too am kinda cuious as to what scale we are involved just like you are.

Considering how vociferous we were over Haiti - yes I do want to see him spouting his mouth off about helping Japan right now.

Did he learn nothing from delaying involvement in the Gulf Spill?

Finally an article after three days!

U.S. Military Joins in Quake-Relief Effort - WSJ.com

UD

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Again with the golf? :)

Why isnt he pres on live TV telling everyone we are and just as importantly- urging other nearby countries to do the same?

Uncle Dave
I doubt any Asian countries are enthusiastic about wanting to help Japan.

Sounds like we're doing what we can. Tough when it's on the other side of the globe. We can only help to the extent their military is able to coordinate with us.
And later, Japan will need cash for rebuilding.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
There are 70 countries offered help already:)bulb. China sent a rescue team,and they aren't the best friends;)
The US sent the CNN team right away,lol.

Some reports on US crew members have radiation, so there's US involvement .
Another tid bits on nuclear power >
http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/default.aspx?feat=822a35c9-e8b8-4a9f-8d8c-1f83458ab7bf&_nwpt=1&gt1=33009

Iran is earthquake prone, so that might help get rid of them,lol.http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/kuwait/iran-reactor-sits-in-quake-zone-kuwaiti-geologist-warns-1.681822

1 - 20 of 35 Posts