Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy some bigger gas tanks for my 21 Daytona. Does anyone have some stock tanks lying around they would like to sell or know which company i should call to get some made? I have the round gunnel tanks in there now they only hold around 13 and start sucking air on deceleration when there a little less then half full. Not giving me much range out here on the CA delta.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I would think you can buy them from Eliminator Boats. My 92 21 came from the factory with 25 gallon tanks per side. I think that is the way they currently make them.

·
Hit it where you fit it
136 Posts
The last couple of 1995-1999 21' Daytonas I have owned had tank made by Lightning MFG. I have no reason to believe they were not the original tanks and I feel that is what they were rigged with when new. 24-25 gallons each and built from aluminum if that helps.

Outboard and Jet verions had the same tanks in my case.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Is that just for the newer style hulls ? Both of my early style hulls have had round stainless steel Russell tanks (23 gal each).
He used to make lots of different tanks for a variety of manufacturers, exactly what boats he did do and didn't do, I don't know, but I'd call him and see if he can help out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts