Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to buy...........Header collector rubber cap covers?? Looking for a source to buy soft shinny rubber covers that slip over outside a 4" straight collector!!

ANY IDEAS.........a lot of you guys have them!!

Thanks, John

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
John, I think that GN7 mentioned just a Home Depot 4" waste line cap (you'd use a hose clamp at home) works..........worth a try.....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, I Tried the Home Depot thing and no way will they work, way off in size!! Also I have sewn Velcro covers, they'll blow off driving down the road with out the towing cover in place!!

Thanks for trying..........

·
Registered
266 Posts
One Idea

Where to buy...........Header collector rubber cap covers?? Looking for a source to buy soft shinny rubber covers that slip over outside a 4" straight collector!!

ANY IDEAS.........a lot of you guys have them!!

Thanks, John
I went to a plumbing supply house and pick up 4" drain pipe plugs. Mine have a metal piece with a wingnut to tighten up so the rubber swells and plugs the exhaust end.
I still don't know how to post a pic otherwise i would....sorry

Bubba

Grainger shows a pic with the Metal plate !!!

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
I saw a pair of Nerf footballs stuffed into the collectors. They even matched the boat colors.
I had some small Nerf balls that I ran in my old upswept Borlas. My wife looped through some string and made it easy to pull them out. They werent footballs but worked really well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts