Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in northern Los Angeles County (Santa Clarita), looking for a place to get rid of the 2+ year old gas in my boat.

·
Registered
204 Posts
When I have old gas such as you do, I just start adding it to one of my carb'd cars. I don't add much, maybe 5 gal or so into a 20 gal tank and then top it off with clean fuel. Been doing this for years in Alaska as I always end up with a tank or two of boat fuel in the storage unit so into one of my work flat beds they go!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I'm in northern Los Angeles County (Santa Clarita), looking for a place to get rid of the 2+ year old gas in my boat.
Do the sniff test, if it smells like kerosine get rid of it as you can. if it smells like gas use it a lawn mower or carbed cars as stated. Sealed gas for 2 years should not be written off. If you plan on leaving gas in a boat for extended periods of time invest in Sta-bil. it will hold gas quality for longer than that. I would be more concerned about the fuel in the carb AND fuel lines,fuel pump and filter! MLAO

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Call you local dump / recycling center. They have hazardous waste days so people don't dump crap in with the regular landfill material. You can just about bring in anything. Plan on leaving what you brought it in though (drum, barrel).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts