Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Broke Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am looking for a drive shaft for my motor. this is my first time doing this so im not even sure exactly what i need. the guy i got the boat from was running a BBC that was a beast and said that his drive shaft was meant for high torque. the motor i have going in it is no slouch so do i need to get something similar? any suggestions of where to start looking?

thanks,
nate

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
You could save alot of leg work and just call Tom at jbp...or Duane from hi tech on the boards. I am not sure how much hp=beast. Mine is just 1310 u joints. Some of the 1000+ hp guys run 1350's...and maybe others with lower hp do too...I donno. The drive shaft guy I spoke to recently when I lengthened my dl said 1310's were good for quite a bit with a jet because on water the dont get shock loaded like dropping the clutch on asphalt with a big wide set of slicks.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts

·
Broke Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys. i live in the sacramento area. honestly i have no idea what i even need. im totally green when it comes to jet boats. i grew up skiing behind mastercrafts and nautiques but have always loved jets. thought it was about time for one.

Nate

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
thanks for the help guys. i live in the sacramento area. honestly i have no idea what i even need. im totally green when it comes to jet boats. i grew up skiing behind mastercrafts and nautiques but have always loved jets. thought it was about time for one.

Nate
Feel free to call Nate and we will figure out what you need. Mike, Rex Marine, 909-592-1000 :)

·
1,814 Posts
i might have a spare driveshaft. not sure what you need but i seen it on my self. what type of boat? is the motor in? . i am in sacramento too. p.m. me if you wanna check it out

·
Registered
36 Posts
driveline

hey guys i am looking for a drive shaft for my motor. this is my first time doing this so im not even sure exactly what i need. the guy i got the boat from was running a BBC that was a beast and said that his drive shaft was meant for high torque. the motor i have going in it is no slouch so do i need to get something similar? any suggestions of where to start looking?

thanks,
nate
Go down to your local spicer dealer and buy the thing no shipping and over the counter parts at most dealers

·
Registered
582 Posts

Nate
you wouldnt happen to have a ski nautique sitting in your driveway thats in the way of you building that jet would you?;) just found a bbc driveline on local craigslist i think, fifty bucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts