Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am ready to put this engine in the boat and re-rig it. I need to know what is the best place to mount the fuel pump. On the transome (which is almost even with the gunnel tanks in the middle of the tanks) or on the stringer (lower than the tanks). However, I do not have much room in an 18Ft. Nordic Jet boat for stringer mount. Also I do not want to get this thing wet from header weep holes. You can see the build on my link below.
Thanks.
T.J.

http://www.tjsperformance.com/blowerEFI.htm

· Premium Member
1,522 Posts
you can see where i mounted mine on the pass stringer, its not mounted fully in the pic, but that is where it is and what it looks like. Mine has gotten a fair share of water over the years, but has been flawless. One thing is that they don't draw for crap, so make sure its as low and close to both tanks as you can get, and if you have any issues with getting pressure go over all your fittings and filters located before the pump to make sure they are tight. one year i had to pressurize one tank to get it fuel...it worked great after that!!

AP

· Registered
1,129 Posts
T.J.

Mine is mounted on the left(driver's) side on the stringer, about half of the pump is under the transom. Try to keep it as low as possible for long life of the pump. I know how it is trying to pack 10lbs of shit in a 5lb box man!!!!! :)sphss

Travis

· Registered
1 Posts
forgot the pic

Good Looking package -- you might want to change something though. On the outlet of the fuel pump it appears as though you have a "sharp 90", to promote smooth fuel flow you ought to change that to a smooth flow 90. Also, stay on top of the 10 micron filter you have after the pump -- it is the biggest "pump killer" out there. Its good that you've got it there (keeps the injector free from trash), you've just got to stay on top of the maintenance of it since paper and water don't really mix.

· Premium Member
1,522 Posts
thanks for the compliment! it is a sharp 90, I didn't really like it, but it was the best setup i had at the time, and that aeromotive pump is far more than what the engine can handle, so i have had zero issues with flow. if fact i was really shocked at just how much fuel came through the return line.

its good to know about the filter, i hadn't really thought about how quickly that one would get clogged.

this setup will be coming out in the next couple weeks to make some changes and room for my new efi procharged deal im putting together. So some fuel system changes, pump changes and setup changes are in order.

AP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.