Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lake test this weekend.
Where should I start for a ride plate angle and especially where to start with the shoe.
On the shoe ,should I start with 0 shims which would be even with the keel or start with the .060 shim?which would be about 1/16 below the keel.....Hal

·
Registered
979 Posts
Plate +4 deg up,shoe even..careful on shutdown till ya see how it acts. Pump pressure guage a must.
I understand different pressures for different boats, and trying different combos till a combo works. If my boat (flat shoe, even with keel, decent loader) only makes 20#'s on the highside and 30#'s low, yet NEVER cavitates and runs 90MPHish @5600 SS almostB, is there any reason to add a better loader and try and equalize the pressure? 18ft Kachina, comes outta the hole very hard and shuts down very smoothly. Sorry for the hijack HH but I had to ask:)

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
I understand different pressures for different boats, and trying different combos till a combo works. If my boat (flat shoe, even with keel, decent loader) only makes 20#'s on the highside and 30#'s low, yet NEVER cavitates and runs 90MPHish @5600 SS almostB, is there any reason to add a better loader and try and equalize the pressure? 18ft Kachina, comes outta the hole very hard and shuts down very smoothly. Sorry for the hijack HH but I had to ask:)
Things can always be better, they get really fun when they start working reallly really good.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Things can always be better, they get really fun when they start working reallly really good.
Ill say! Ran a blown BBC winger that supposedly runs 98, a couple weeks ago. If he is really 98, Im 97:wink2:! Made my weekend!! I doubt we were running that fast, but 3 years ago dude walked away from me about the same as Tom Wedik walked away a couple weeks ago. And Tom's boat RUNS!!! 120ish i believe. video is in west coast section under "eddies ... vdrive regatta" last page or two...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts