Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
1,512 Posts
Sounds like government workers. Folks believing they are worth more than they are who should never be fired for any reason.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Fast food restaurant jobs used to be for kids in high school or college. They're not meant to be for people with families. These idiots don't understand that if they get $15 an hour, the franchisee is just going to close the door. Prices would have to go up to cover the costs. Who's going to pay $10 for a happy meal? Franchisees only make on average between $50-80K a year per store. They could just close the door and make that working for someone else if it doesn't make financial sense. Unless you're making a ROI of at least 8-12%, it's not worth it.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Liberals dont understand logic.

Fast food restaurant jobs used to be for kids in high school or college. They're not meant to be for people with families. These idiots don't understand that if they get $15 an hour, the franchisee is just going to close the door. Prices would have to go up to cover the costs. Who's going to pay $10 for a happy meal? Franchisees only make on average between $50-80K a year per store. They could just close the door and make that working for someone else if it doesn't make financial sense. Unless you're making a ROI of at least 8-12%, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Here it is in their own words...

Workers at the nation’s best known fast-food restaurants in seven cities across America are planning to walk off the job Monday to protest what they say are wages that are too low to live on. In a move orchestrated with the help of powerful labor unions and clergy groups, the workers plan to strike for a day to demand their wages be doubled.

Read more: Where's the beef? Fast-food workers in walkout to protest low wages | Fox News

Minimum wage was never intended to be a "livable" wage ,ie; your not supposed to raise a family working for minimum wage. That's why they are called entry level positions.

Labor unions playing these stooges like the moron's they are. One more example of useful idiots.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Morons. Who works for Mickey Ds for 7 years???

Robert Wilson, Jr., a 25-year-old McDonald’s employee in Chicago, told The Washington Post that he makes $8.60 an hour after seven years on the job. A previous walkout in April led to “small victories,” he said, including additional hours and slight raises.
BTW I don't eat that crap anyway. ;)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Why would Americas youth work at McDees? They just spend their EBT card there. No reason to have an entry level job anymore.

Ever notice the amount of 18-25 YO able bodied kids are using EBT these days? Most of them get into a nice car too.

When your tired of playing video games, get an EBT carb not a JOB. Sad isnt it.

Its not just the ghetto using up those scam ass lazy ebt cards.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Just imagine how many more similar scenarios there will be like this after they ram the new immigration bill down our throats. Fucking pos democraps.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Let 'em walk! It's not like there aren't hundreds of thousands of others who want those jobs. Supply and demand will cover this problem in an hour.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Let 'em walk! It's not like there aren't hundreds of thousands of others who want those jobs. Supply and demand will cover this problem in an hour.
Absolutely, If I owned a store who's employees thought they would walk off the job to take part in this, I would make it clear that this would be considered job abandonment and there would be no need for them to come back to work the following day.

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
Absolutely, If I owned a store who's employees thought they would walk off the job to take part in this, I would make it clear that this would be considered job abandonment and there would be no need for them to come back to work the following day.
I would fire them all as well. I would sit down and explain that anyone that takes this action will be terminated. Explain my position (I've done it before) of costs vs. profit. If that walk, they're gone.

But you know that the DOJ, NLRB, and IRS would be all over you. These guys will use every government agency to destroy capitalism.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are now saying capitalism destroyed Detroit

I would fire them all as well. I would sit down and explain that anyone that takes this action will be terminated. Explain my position (I've done it before) of costs vs. profit. If that walk, they're gone.

But you know that the DOJ, NLRB, and IRS would be all over you. These guys will use every government agency to destroy capitalism.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Ya, Inner city capitalism, A.K.A, Progressive Capitalism, Crony capitalism, Union intimidation capitalism, Illegal Drug capitalism, Wealth re-redistribution Capitalism, Intentional segregation of the black population buy the black mayor Capitalism (reverse racism), etc, etc...

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
I wonder how they'd feel if they came in tomorrow and there was a sign on the door saying closed for business throughout the city?

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Just imagine how many more similar scenarios there will be like this after they ram the new immigration bill down our throats. Fucking pos democraps.
Please don't remind me. You'll have me looking at a rather large blow boat to flee this disaster in! ;)

"They" are morons. I saw that article. I guess they blame Bush on capitalism! :)hammers

·
Registered
686 Posts
If after 2 years, one is not managing a McDonald's, Here's your sign. :confused:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts