Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my problem, I have a 1976 Eliminator Daycruiser that is still the the way that Bob Leach built it in 76. I can get 70 mph out of it at 5500 rpm with a legend 12JG pump turning an AB cut impeller. I would like to get 80-90 mph out of it. I have Aluminum Glenwood logs and riser for exhaust on it now. The engine is a Guardian high output 454 with rectangular port heads I have to free up the exhaust path in order to get any gains from a cam change or intake change. What exhaust system will fit under the engine cover? Emi Thunder, Dana flow torque, CMI, Lightning?

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
They should all fit depending on your cover..... Gonna have to do a lot more than cam, intake and exhaust if your gonna get 80-90 out of her though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Tech HPX Headers

I bought a set from Duane at Hi Tech. They are a work of art and he can customize them somewhat fo the app.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine cover is a tight fit I think no more than 26 inches wide I am not sure how much room vertically, that was why I was considering the EMI,Dana, or other center exit exhaust they seem to be more compact. I could rework the contour of the engine box if I had too. Need to keep the engine box because I take the wife and kids tubing and have boating illiterate guests that would not understand that water jacketed exhaust is safe to accidentally touch. I am not looking to race Elmer in his 350 horse weed whacker powered bass boat. I would just like to be able to take an early morning banzai run or get to the dock fast in case of an emergency.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts