Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With people now buying these repo Magics and putting used drives/engines in them, how do we know if its a repo boat or a real magic. I would not want to buy one that was put togther that way, but when looking at a used boat, how do you know which one you are getting?
Terry

·
Banned
138 Posts
With people now buying these repo Magics and putting used drives/engines in them, how do we know if its a repo boat or a real magic. I would not want to buy one that was put togther that way, but when looking at a used boat, how do you know which one you are getting?
Terry
What does it matter, they both have the same warranty.;)

·
Kurt
83 Posts
Ask them. Get the hull #s. You can also check with Long Beach Yacht Sales . They took in all the boats from Magic. Some of the boats are being put together by the same guys who worked at Magic. Call Clu at Flat Tops in Havasu. He did all the work on my magic. He was the main service guy at Magic.

·
MEDIUM PIMPIN!!!
1,494 Posts
Terry
With Danny DCM rigging these boats, I'd say they should be better!!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
One thing for sure Magic boat prices will drop BIG time.Theres a handful of deck boats for 50k now.Theres even a 2007 Next with 54 hours for 59k that boat sold for over a 100k two years ago.I got the money burning a hole in my pocket just trying to be patient.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
No what he saying is your not going to know what boats are what and if some one stuck some peace of chit motor and outdrive in one and now trying to sell it like theres nothing wrong.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
The hulls were all put together in the same manner...... How do you figure?
I think most of the boats will be put together with quality labor & parts. There is a good chance some of them getting old power & drives just so it can be sold to someone that has no clue what they are buying.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I dont think any of the lbyc magics are done yet theres one there that has a 496 ho that the old owner knew the repo man was coming and they took the stereo/parts out of the out drive and left it in the sun and killed the seats.Like I said im like a day trader wating to buy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with the others about the engine and drive. I am sure that the people installing NEW drives and engines will do a great job. But what about those installing used stuff, and then trying to turn it for a profit? You have no idea what you are getting with that. No history, no hours, nothing. Since I am looking for a used one, its a concern I and other shoppers would have. Will they be titled any different?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I agree with the others about the engine and drive. I am sure that the people installing NEW drives and engines will do a great job. But what about those installing used stuff, and then trying to turn it for a profit? You have no idea what you are getting with that. No history, no hours, nothing. Since I am looking for a used one, its a concern I and other shoppers would have. Will they be titled any different?
Well the way I see it If you can get a 2009 Magic from lbyc and rig it right for 60k ish a used one say a 2005 would only be worth 50k maybe.Bad news for people selling deck boats.Ive seen deck boat on boat trader drop 5k a week.What do you think a 2000 or 2002 Conquest is worth,get that old some banks wont loan money on them.

·
Low Budget Livin' Large
169 Posts
Well the way I see it If you can get a 2009 Magic from lbyc and rig it right for 60k ish a used one say a 2005 would only be worth 50k maybe.Bad news for people selling deck boats.Ive seen deck boat on boat trader drop 5k a week.What do you think a 2000 or 2002 Conquest is worth,get that old some banks wont loan money on them.
Just suck it up and buy a new one...Jump on in the waters warm.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Just suck it up and buy a new one...Jump on in the waters warm.
I still have my old deck boat so I dont need to jump.I got real close last week then I saw boats drop 5k in one week and with all the Magics up for sale now all wate.

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
Terry
I do not think the boats are being rigged until the hull is sold to someone. the new owner is responsible for power options and who rigs it.

My guess is that someone paying to have the boat rigged today will be getting exactly what they are paying for. Lots of places willing to do the rigging for new owners, some may be doing thier own, I think you will be able to tell the difference.

My guess also is from hearing who is doing some of the rigging on these boats it will be a step above what magic was doing from the beginning.

new power options will have warranties, you should be able to look up the drive and motor numbers...

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
killing the industry... I think all of these boats that were taken from magic's closure should have been cut up with a chainsaw.

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
You could just look at the date of registration to know if it was built by Magic or not as long as you were buying from the original owner. Anything registered for the first time from this point forward is a post Magic finished boat.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
killing the industry... I think all of these boats that were taken from magic's closure should have been cut up with a chainsaw.
Thats what i said if your selling a deck boat right now it sucks.It like trying to sell your house for 600k and a couple houses on your block are 4 sale for 350k.

2007 Next 59k 54hr
2005 Comander 50k 100hr
2005 Lavey 53k 40hr

And now with what 200 Magics for 60k ish that you can get Warr. on motor and outdrive.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts