·
Administrator
16,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hass don't think that one will work best for us. :)sphss

·
Gone
1,824 Posts
I just use an aircraft altimeter, temp and humidity and calc it. Has always worked for me. Simpler the better for me.

·
Administrator
16,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He has had much success with the KISS method.

I would like to have something a bit more modern.

Don't need fuel system help. Engine fuel system tunes itself. :wink2:

Manual gauges with a calculator works fine. Would like to buy it as a package if I could. Electronic or not.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I always say the same thing... Computech.The first computech I had had an altimeter, barometer, and sling psychrometer. Then the calcualtor, humidity instrument thing and a barometer, then the calculator and the sampling box, then the one I have now. Computech Race Air Pro. I don't think anyone who doens't build engines/ want the extra calculations need the pro. It is handy for me.So, without saying whether it is good or not... here is an example.First pass the year. Looked at the air, put the boat in the water (with tuneup appropriate to air per past passes) and ran an 8.045 w/ .027 r/t. Other passes were 7.96 (fuel issue), 8.044, 7.95 (rougher water, sped up pass)Good, repeatable piece.Wags

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
been using the altronics performairre II for the past 12 years. it does everything i need from a weather station, and more than i use.
you can get one with an o2 sensor, but they're about double the price. i don't have the o2 station.

i've had a couple issues over the years where i needed tech support. they are excellent about that. if you have to send it in for service, they turn it around quickly.

couldn't be happier with their products...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
been using the altronics performairre II for the past 12 years. it does everything i need from a weather station, and more than i use.
you can get one with an o2 sensor, but they're about double the price. i don't have the o2 station.

i've had a couple issues over the years where i needed tech support. they are excellent about that. if you have to send it in for service, they turn it around quickly.

couldn't be happier with their products...
They make a really snappy degree wheel too;)

Bob, no oxy sensor? Remember the little discussion we had about this place and others like it? ;)

Same place. Take an OXY reading down in this pit and one out on the dragstrip at the same time and see if the oxy sensor doesn't give you a different reading. You KNOW the guys racing down inside this bowl are making adjustments for it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Ron, I like the Gorr weather station..it's mobile and it's easy to use for that last minute pill change before you put the bad boy in the water...Ask Mike..he's done it plenty of times....

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
They make a really snappy degree wheel too;)

Bob, no oxy sensor? Remember the little discussion we had about this place and others like it? ;)

Same place. Take an OXY reading down in this pit and one out on the dragstrip at the same time and see if the oxy sensor doesn't give you a different reading. You KNOW the guys racing down inside this bowl are making adjustments for it.
gn, i do recall that. i experienced it first hand. i'd love to have one with an o2 sensor, but those things are pricy :). still, if i didn't have one and was starting over, i'd have to think very long and hard about spending the extra dough for that little extra... long term, definately worth it...

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
I bought the Kestrel 4000NV for long distance shooting. Only thing it doesn't have for racing that I'd miss is water grains. I think it's an awesome little unit. I know lots of guys use them and like them.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I bought the Kestrel 4000NV for long distance shooting. Only thing it doesn't have for racing that I'd miss is water grains. I think it's an awesome little unit. I know lots of guys use them and like them.
IMO if it doesn't have water grains andd you are running alcohol, you will lose a bunch of races.
Wags

PS, you 8 second guys or 6 second guys... water grains don't matter AT ALL.

·
Administrator
16,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ron, I like the Gorr weather station..it's mobile and it's easy to use for that last minute pill change before you put the bad boy in the water...Ask Mike..he's done it plenty of times....
Sure Eddie. I'm running over to the Shazam trailer now a hundred times a race and using theirs. :shock:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
IS THIS the Gorr weather station you guys are talking about?
WEATHER STATION COMPLETE
Holy shit... for 1600+ it better have an orifice to get blown. F me.

I am a poor man. Not much racing experinece, but this works once in a while for us.
RaceAir Pro Portable Drag Racing Weather Station - $464.95
And...it isn't $1600+.
I did not look at the Ka??? price, but how much cheaper can it be? The Race Air is 360 ish, the pro 460 ish.
I will stand behind my computech. I'll race anyone, anyday closes dial in off the trailer. Damn! 1600 bucks.... for 1600 bucks, I will give you my raceair pro and come to a race and find a tuneup for you. Oh, and show you how to use a log book and a pencil. ;)
Wags

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
IS THIS the Gorr weather station you guys are talking about?
WEATHER STATION COMPLETE
Holy shit... for 1600+ it better have an orifice to get blown. F me.

I am a poor man. Not much racing experinece, but this works once in a while for us.
RaceAir Pro Portable Drag Racing Weather Station - $464.95
And...it isn't $1600+.
I did not look at the Ka??? price, but how much cheaper can it be? The Race Air is 360 ish, the pro 460 ish.
I will stand behind my computech. I'll race anyone, anyday closes dial in off the trailer. Damn! 1600 bucks.... for 1600 bucks, I will give you my raceair pro and come to a race and find a tuneup for you. Oh, and show you how to use a log book and a pencil. ;)
Wags
Do those other weather stations tell you what jet to use ?
How much more blower to put on it for altitude?
Can they use gas,alky,nitro ?

Just curious ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts