Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped the new motor in today...HUGE thankyous to Casey, Tom, and Mike at singlejack marine, Eddie (unforgiven), and Ryan (xtreme1). Minus a few hiccups, everything went really smooth, motor is in and running and hope to get it out on the water in a week or 2. Pics from the install:

Backing in to Singlejack Speed and Marine:

Eddie Pulling the drive (see Mike? He really did get his hands dirty!)

Drive off ready to start on the motor

Back seat and hatch removed, ready to start disconnecting everything

how many guys does it take to remove a stubborn water hose? When it finally came off: 5

Attachments

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Damn, pretty good for a days work. I left Don a voicemail last night to get the whipple manual to me. I will mail it your way. Get some hydraulic steering, you might need it:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Yes, The return line is 6AN. It will run from the regulator to the fuel cooler and from the fuel cooler to a 3 or 4 port fuel water seperator filter. Give me a call when you get a chance and I can give you a good description.
Here is my setup before the return line was connected but, you can see were it goes. This is a Hardin Marine setup but, Napa has them also. I have the one that came with my kit if you need it.

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ran it today

Ran the boat today...started with my labbed 26 and got 72.4 at 5800 RPM so we went back to the dock and swapped out for the 28. Second pass ran 75 gps at 5000 and was still going but ran out of lake. Need to run it again on a bigger lake after I plumb my intercooler dump....for now we had it dumping into the bilge but it was flowing water in faster than the bilge could pump it out so we were carring like 20+ gallons of water with each pass :)sphss. So far I'm really happy....throttle response is amazing, boat flys out of the hole (without gunning it) and the mid range is unbelievable. Plus nothing beats the scream of that whipple at 5k+! BTW, best speed before the whipple was 62.3 gps :D

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Ran the boat today...started with my labbed 26 and got 72.4 at 5800 RPM so we went back to the dock and swapped out for the 28. Second pass ran 75 gps at 5000 and was still going but ran out of lake. Need to run it again on a bigger lake after I plumb my intercooler dump....for now we had it dumping into the bilge but it was flowing water in faster than the bilge could pump it out so we were carring like 20+ gallons of water with each pass :)sphss. So far I'm really happy....throttle response is amazing, boat flys out of the hole (without gunning it) and the mid range is unbelievable. Plus nothing beats the scream of that whipple at 5k+! BTW, best speed before the whipple was 62.3 gps :D

sweet, boat and engine looks great. I bet if you put some headers on that bad boy it would really fly. Have fun......:)devil:)devil

how many hours do you have on the engine???

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Mead, we went up to Naci yesterday..4 adults, (our friend Chris is 325 lbs) full tank of fuel, and I ran the 26 just for the hell of it..I crept up on it making sure we could still run some decent numbers...I got it at 74 and held it there...Shannon asked what I was doing...I told her I still want to know we could still stay up with you with the 26 and still have some motor left:)hand....you want to borrow the pulleys now? :)bulb I have to say the boat was acting up a bit..couldn't figure out what was wrong..like the setup was wrong..it made a funny move...so I'm looking around..lets see....ice chest in the right spot, full tank..4 people ...WTF...hmmmmm did I tell you Chris weighs 325?? so I have him move to Shannons seat..( we put the boobie twins in the back seat)...boat settles down, ran like a champ in the rough stuff...our friend Chris was like a big kid when we got above 70..he had never been that fast before..Shannon laughs and said " you should have seen MEAD when he first ran 70""...ear to ear grin:D

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mead, we went up to Naci yesterday..4 adults, (our friend Chris is 325 lbs) full tank of fuel, and I ran the 26 just for the hell of it..I crept up on it making sure we could still run some decent numbers...I got it at 74 and held it there...Shannon asked what I was doing...I told her I still want to know we could still stay up with you with the 26 and still have some motor left:)hand....you want to borrow the pulleys now? :)bulb I have to say the boat was acting up a bit..couldn't figure out what was wrong..like the setup was wrong..it made a funny move...so I'm looking around..lets see....ice chest in the right spot, full tank..4 people ...WTF...hmmmmm did I tell you Chris weighs 325?? so I have him move to Shannons seat..( we put the boobie twins in the back seat)...boat settles down, ran like a champ in the rough stuff...our friend Chris was like a big kid when we got above 70..he had never been that fast before..Shannon laughs and said " you should have seen MEAD when he first ran 70""...ear to ear grin:D
Nice. Yeah, it pisses me off a little that you can run with me with a n/a HO, but then again I gotta remind myself that I am running a yacht to your dingy :D. Just wait till I get a 30p, then we will see who is faster:D
Truth be told though, I am super happy with the boat as-is and am really pleased everything came together so well.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Nice. Yeah, it pisses me off a little that you can run with me with a n/a HO, but then again I gotta remind myself that I am running a yacht to your dingy :D. Just wait till I get a 30p, then we will see who is faster:D
Truth be told though, I am super happy with the boat as-is and am really pleased everything came together so well.
you might as well borrow the pulleys..when we finish the 540...well you know what will happen then.:)hand..

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
You said the 540 was going in your new used 26 Eliminator cat. It is for up here just waiting for your 540...........:)devil :)hand
Like I said..when we get the new 540 done well see what numbers we run..the cat will like the power..

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like I said..when we get the new 540 done well see what numbers we run..the cat will like the power..
There's a lot of talk about this "540" but the only thing I've actually seen is a used whipple sitting on Eddie's work bench and a couple pullys.....this motor ever going to actually happen?

·
Registered
358 Posts

There's a lot of talk about this "540" but the only thing I've actually seen is a used whipple sitting on Eddie's work bench and a couple pullys.....this motor ever going to actually happen?
Very good question. Eddy is a 540 in the works or just a lot of used parts on your work bench. :)devil :)hand

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Very good question. Eddy is a 540 in the works or just a lot of used parts on your work bench. :)devil :)hand
540 IS IN THE WORKS.....BUT THERE IS ALOT MORE STUFF THAT NEEDS TO BE BOUGHT...I CAN ONLY SNEEK BY SOOO MUCH ON SHANNON:(:(.....IF YOU GUYS DONATE THE CMI'S, I'D BE THAT MUCH CLOSER TO GETTING IT DONE....PS..I NEED A PAN TOO..OH YEA..I NEED ALL THE BRACKETS FOR ALT/PSTERRING......I'M SURE YOU HAVE ALL THAT LAYING AROUND.....:)hand

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
IT COULD HAPPEN SOOOO MUCH SOONER IF I SPENT MORE TIME WITH MY STUFF THAN WITH YOU AND WORKING ON YOUR BOAT...:|err

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IT COULD HAPPEN SOOOO MUCH SOONER IF I SPENT MORE TIME WITH MY STUFF THAN WITH YOU AND WORKING ON YOUR BOAT...:|err
Working on my boat would take less time if you just came over to my house instead of making me hitch it up and drag it over to you....so, really this is your fault. :D

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
working on my boat would take less time if you just came over to my house instead of making me hitch it up and drag it over to you....so, really this is your fault. :d
i"m not coming down there...how am i gonna drive home after drinking all the patron???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts