Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've started buying parts for my first build, I have a gen vi 502 and I just bought a 2.3l whipple and now looking for a cam. I have been looking at the crane 731 but I don't know if it's good for boost? My plans are to freshen up the bottom end, heads, cam, whipple, and fuel system shooting for 800hp.

·
280 Profile Cat W/575sci
204 Posts
For 800 hp I would think a 741 or larger, even with the efficiency of a whipple. Seems like guys don't like giving out cam recommendations for free. I had a similar question a while back and really did not get a solid answer.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Get ahold of "cstraub" here on the boards. Do a search on cams here on the site and you will see what his experience can do for you.
John

·
Some guy
3,634 Posts
Hey guys I've started buying parts for my first build, I have a gen vi 502 and I just bought a 2.3l whipple and now looking for a cam. I have been looking at the crane 731 but I don't know if it's good for boost? My plans are to freshen up the bottom end, heads, cam, whipple, and fuel system shooting for 800hp.
Why did you go with the 2.3 if you are looking to make 800 HP?

·
280 Profile Cat W/575sci
204 Posts
My 509 made 684 NA. With a intercooled forced induction motor (given it is a small whipple) I wouldn't see 800 being out of the question.

·
280 Profile Cat W/575sci
204 Posts
Mini dome srp pistons, solid roller cam and dart pro1 heads done bye Jim valako. 1000th carb and single plane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts