Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a 2011 Nortech 4300 with Mercury 700's & # 6 drives. The boat runs about 93 MPH in fresh water. I have heard conflicting comments about adding the whipple phase 1 upgrade. It is my understanding that the ECU changes the rev limits from 5400 RPM's to 6000 RPM's. No changes in blower pulleys, or boost. The end result is about 80-90 gain in HP and 4- 7 mph. I futher understand there is no reason or need to change props.

In your opinion am I adding an after market upgrade that could cause harm to my motors or drives?

·
New here
4,219 Posts

·
Official Test Driver
863 Posts
We have never used theirs so I don't know, however we plug in and tune up those engines our own way. If your raise the limiters it will make more power and carry your existing props. I would leave it alone until your factory warranty is out, then we do cam, pulley, ECM and Misc to get 850 out of them. FYI, any time you add power you rebuild intervals get closer. Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
We have never used theirs so I don't know, however we plug in and tune up those engines our own way. If your raise the limiters it will make more power and carry your existing props. I would leave it alone until your factory warranty is out, then we do cam, pulley, ECM and Misc to get 850 out of them. FYI, any time you add power you rebuild intervals get closer. Thanks
One other thing is that the more Horsepower you make the more fuel you burn ! Speed costs so how fast do you want to go ? hahahaha

Gary :partyguy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts