Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 92 Caribbean which was made by Hardin Marine in Anaheim. Interior is similar to yours, but it has narrow seats on either side of the doghouse.

·
Pie Wagon
253 Posts
Here's my 1988 Tahiti-Caribbean 16' ski boat. Has a 5.7L Hardin Marine and a Berkley pump. Bought it from the original owner who bought it new off the floor at the 1988 Chicago Boat Show. Had 125 original hours on it when I bought it. Great, solid boat. Full stringer boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the same exact boat as mine but blue. So i guess it is safe to say that my hull is a Caribbean? What kind speed does your boat get. Do you have pics of the motor?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hardin

Hardin marine owned both companies. Dave woods ran the boat building business and Barry Lieberman ran Hardin marine and everything was owned by old man Hardin. He also owned Hardin Oldsmobile in Orange county Ca.

·
Registered
132 Posts
09-08-09 006a.jpg
That is the same exact boat as mine but blue. So i guess it is safe to say that my hull is a Caribbean? W hat kind speed does your boat get. Do you have pics of the motor?
I am aware Caribbean made two 20.5 models in 1990. An Aries model and a Sport model. I do not know which one I have as both came as a jet and both supposedly were offered as open bow models. There was a 21.5 foot model called an Empress I believe. The current engine is 540BBC, the original engine was 454. Speed? I have Gps'd it at 70 but was not great conditions. I originally bought the boat to take on houseboat vacation with kids and grandkids to tube and ski with. Do not know how fast it will go but is fast enough to tube and ski behind.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hardin marine owned both companies. Dave woods ran the boat building business and Barry Lieberman ran Hardin marine and everything was owned by old man Hardin. He also owned Hardin Oldsmobile in Orange county Ca.
very cool...

I always thought Hardin marine only "marinized" engines...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Awesome Info Greg. Neal ClarK (Apollo Boats,Triple C Enterprises) Worked At Tahiti Before He Moved Back To Arkansas To Open Hardin Marines distribution Center In Sherwood Ar. Less Than 30 Miles From Jacuuzzi's Manufactureing Plant In Little ROck. Now I See The Oldsmobile Connection To Hardin Marine

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here is my Hardin Marine Tahiti Sport 16ft. Sbc powered, berkeley pump. Not the original interior, but it has the original gel.
100_0639_zps7dad37cc.jpg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts