Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere in the 26-30' range and sports a number on the side. (too fast couldn't read it) It was out on the Sac River on Sunday..... That boat is BAAAD!! Would like to know more details on it.

Bill

·
Registered
408 Posts
There are two that I know of in the area. One is a 29 from shingle springs and one is a 2750 both are really nice boats and have the same color scheme on them. This is a pic of the 29

·
Registered
527 Posts
His name is Bobby Grifith
He is running a Merc 575 that has been worked on running through an ITS Bravo1 xr
As far as speeds go I am pretty sure he is running in the low 90's
Its a beautiful boat

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is running a Merc 575 that has been worked on running through an ITS Bravo1 xr
Its a beautiful boat
Thats the boat!! I guessed he went by at about 90. I'm glad eyedar isn't too far off. On his first pass the water was so choppy I think he spent more time in the air than water. That's one fast V

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Its a beautiful boat
Sweet- although I dont think its stock if its going 90 with a 575

My Ilmor 700 powered 2750 will just touch 90 maybe a tick over so I find it hard to believe a 575 can run 90

You never know though could have a stripped out interior single battery light layup.....

UD

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sweet- although I dont think its stock if its going 90 with a 575

My Ilmor 700 powered 2750 will just touch 90 maybe a tick over so I find it hard to believe a 575 can run 90

You never know though could have a stripped out interior single battery light layup.....

UD
Dave,
the 575 is NOT stock as I mentioned in the original post...
It has been worked on and has a super chiller and im really not sure what else...
And that boat was built as a race/poker run boat, with the capability of pleasure running with the back seat and two hatches, race hatch and pleasure....

BTW, your boat looks GREAT!! Hope you're enjoying it. :)devil

·
Registered
527 Posts
What is the top speed on that monster?
I think this may be my next boat;)
I am not really 100% sure on the top speed numbers. All i know is that it accelerates like nobodys business!!!!:|err But I am pretty positive it runs over 110mph but once again, I could be wrong, Im not 100% sure...
If you have any more questions about Lavey's 29 or even 32 send me a PM....

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Dave,
the 575 is NOT stock as I mentioned in the original post...
It has been worked on and has a super chiller and im really not sure what else...
And that boat was built as a race/poker run boat, with the capability of pleasure running with the back seat and two hatches, race hatch and pleasure....

BTW, your boat looks GREAT!! Hope you're enjoying it. :)devil
Thanks-Im proud of it.

I was being "captain obvious" there.......

Curious -what are the actual differences in the hatches?
I guess it seems the seat bottoms always there as its molded?
Curious why its worth the effort to change?

Oh ...I Wanna ride in it too.....

UD
People ask me why I have 2 boats-?...Because I dont have space for 3

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks-Im proud of it.

I was being "captain obvious" there.......

Curious -what are the actual differences in the hatches?
I guess it seems the seat bottoms always there as its molded?
Curious why its worth the effort to change?

Oh ...I Wanna ride in it too.....

UD
People ask me why I have 2 boats-?...Because I dont have space for 3
As you should be.
Its a beautiful boat and it runs very well. With alllllllll your upgrades and added weight it ran even better than i was expecting to be honest...

As to your question about the hatches...
The only benefit by using the race hatch is that it fills in and covers up all the open space in the rear. It gives the air something to roll off of instead of just building up inside the rear... We also install our formula1 style race scoop in the middle of the passenger "humps"
BUT, the hatch is probably twice the weight of a pleasure/poker run hatch so im really not sure if there is any benefit or if it is worth it....
Well, what makes it worth it and you benefit from it is..... It looks cool. lol :)devil
This pic shows a better angle of the hatch....

BTW, Dave are you going to be attending the poker run in long beach?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
As you should be.
Its a beautiful boat and it runs very well. With alllllllll your upgrades and added weight it ran even better than i was expecting to be honest...

As to your question about the hatches...
The only benefit by using the race hatch is that it fills in and covers up all the open space in the rear. It gives the air something to roll off of instead of just building up inside the rear... We also install our formula1 style race scoop in the middle of the passenger "humps"
BUT, the hatch is probably twice the weight of a pleasure/poker run hatch so im really not sure if there is any benefit or if it is worth it....
Well, what makes it worth it and you benefit from it is..... It looks cool. lol :)devil
This pic shows a better angle of the hatch....

BTW, Dave are you going to be attending the poker run in long beach?
Race hatch is pretty cool chief....

Poker run- not sure- I may be stuck in Amsterdam if Im in town Ill probably go. Ill know more in a week or so.

UD

1 - 20 of 24 Posts