Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for pics of trim tabs on jets....as I need to make some for my boat. Close up of hardware would be great, as would sources for the turnbuckles, hinge, etc.
My freshly finished boat has a bad porpoise and from all the researching here, trim plates may be the answer.
Thanks for any help!

·
Platinum Member
2,014 Posts
Im looking for pics of trim tabs on jets....as I need to make some for my boat. Close up of hardware would be great, as would sources for the turnbuckles, hinge, etc.
My freshly finished boat has a bad porpoise and from all the researching here, trim plates may be the answer.
Thanks for any help!
Here you go the fastest CJ in the Kilos

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hydrolic Trm Tabs

My Nordic had them on it when I bought it. They must have come off a 40' cabin cruiser if you have them too far down at take off they force the bow of the boat hard into the water . Best to keep them up a bit out of the hole

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice setups so far guys....say what are yall using for hinges? And what material are plates themselves? Ill be making my own....
No hinges, just aluminum plates you shouldn't need a lot of down peddle just the flex in the plates, moves maybe 1/2".:shock:

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Josh, while these are on a pedal, you could easily copy them and make them solid without the pedal for your boat. Plus, you can come and take measurements and pictures anytime you want since it's close to you. :happy: .........john

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
19,800 Posts
i have everything you need to make one for a jet..this is from a flatty..save ya some $$ in materials

·
Registered
290 Posts
dad is correct Josh, if you ever need pictures, measurements or anything let me know! The UFOII is currently stripped for new balsa and some carbon work on the floors, but the plates are still on it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thanks for any help!
If you don't want adjustable. Try a 6-8" piece of 2 " aluminum angle bolted to the transom between the 2nd and third strake. Leading edge flush with bottom of boat and transom angle will make it a down tab. Put the bolts close to center and adjust width until you get the results you want

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dad is correct Josh, if you ever need pictures, measurements or anything let me know! The UFOII is currently stripped for new balsa and some carbon work on the floors, but the plates are still on it.

Thanks Ian....I thinlk I've got it handled, but still wanna go look at yours close.....mainly cause it's one of my favorite boats.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts