Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love it up there. With the extra rain it will be great this spring. It would be fun to have a DLB get together up there.

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
Good Times

I love it up there. With the extra rain it will be great this spring. It would be fun to have a DLB get together up there.
The DLB did a Clearlake trip up there a few years back. My brain's not too good:)sphss, I can't remember where we stayed. Maybe O.C., Robbie Racer or V.V. can chime in. :)

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Clear Lake pretty much got it's name from it's ability to become extremely clear every 7 years. Whether it was after a devistating year of hydrilla or algea growth, I don't know, but I remember seeing the bottom at 15'. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The DLB did a Clearlake trip up there a few years back. My brain's not too good:)sphss, I can't remember where we stayed. Maybe O.C., Robbie Racer or V.V. can chime in. :)
The Skylark in Lakeport is a fun place with good docks & nice lawn for BBQ. There are RV spots right next door.

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
The Skylark in Lakeport is a fun place with good docks & nice lawn for BBQ. There are RV spots right next door.
It wuz a campground like you said. I want to say it had a launch ramp. We camped in the middle of the parking lot(for more room).

When are ya thinkin' of goin'?

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
fuel info

110 sunoco sold at jim jonas oil by the gallon.for you guys that run race fuel.they are not open on weekends:mad:.hope to see some new faces on the lake this year.if anybody needs any info about the lake i would be glad to help.:)hand

·
Registered
471 Posts
Been going up there for years willow point with the RV or the skylark when we stay in a hotel. we are planing on going up for memorial weekend gonna take the mercury for a spin over to konocti for a beverage or three :)hand

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
Been going up there for years willow point with the RV or the skylark when we stay in a hotel. we are planing on going up for memorial weekend gonna take the mercury for a spin over to konocti for a beverage or three :)hand
sorry konocti is closed down.big waste of property.

·
Registered
630 Posts
dude!quit bad mouthing clearlake.come find some hydrilla and ill eat it.the lake was bad last year.so fu**ing what.it looks the best in years.come to clearlake and ill show you the lake.

wasn't bad mouthing your precious lake, just a comment, ergo, all the hydrilla warning signs posted around the lake. take a pill and don't take things so personally.:(:(

·
Registered
175 Posts
I like the fact that you can rent houses on the water with beach areas and docks. I wish Shasta had a few more places for rent with water access. VEry limited. Clearlake is affordable and boater friendly most of the time...

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
977 Posts
I like the fact that you can rent houses on the water with beach areas and docks. I wish Shasta had a few more places for rent with water access. VEry limited. Clearlake is affordable and boater friendly most of the time...
the bad water stories drives people away.yeah shasta has nice water when they have it.clearlake will never dry up.unlike the rest of the lakes in california.:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
it was the ZZ top weekend 4 years ago. we stayed at the State campground and all was good till the lake turned into the Bering Sea. Don't get me wrong, I love big water but once it kicked up all the caps blew off my beer bottles in the cooler. It was all down hill from there. If I remember right, the boats stayed on the trailers the last couple days. And we were forced to stay landlocked, drink and trash talk each other. Now do you remember Phil?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was looking for a group camp. The state park designated part of the launch parking area as group camp. It was OK, nice lawn. Glad the ramp wasn't busy. We ran across the lake and did our first DLB wine tasting on the water.

·
NOSTALGIC V-DRIVES
3,059 Posts
Hammer from left field!!!

it was the ZZ top weekend 4 years ago. we stayed at the State campground and all was good till the lake turned into the Bering Sea. Don't get me wrong, I love big water but once it kicked up all the caps blew off my beer bottles in the cooler. It was all down hill from there. If I remember right, the boats stayed on the trailers the last couple days. And we were forced to stay landlocked, drink and trash talk each other. Now do you remember Phil?
I was looking for a group camp. The state park designated part of the launch parking area as group camp. It was OK, nice lawn. Glad the ramp wasn't busy. We ran across the lake and did our first DLB wine tasting on the water.
Thanks Brian & Rich. I'm glad you guyz still have gray matter and can remember chit.:)sphss

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I installed a Donation canister at the McDonalds in Lakeport and Despite having to drive through snow to get there, I want to bring my family up to boat there soon. How warm does the water get there? It is a beautiful lake. I want to go there and find hydrilla just to see someone eat it. lol.

Cy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts