Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a day cruiser jet for my family. i live in the central valley of cal. i found a southwind 18 ft with a 454 . its in ok shape some things rigged. whats it wurth he wants 3800. the title has some odd name on it . still looking though if you have one or know of a decent 19-21 jet . please let me know

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Jemcraft or I think there may be a couple other names that may be on the title. Post a pic.

Cy

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
jemcraft or bellco.Being in Nor Cal, it would have to be a jem craft. PM me and I can get you info, My grandfather owned southwind.

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
PM Futs, he has a beautiful 20 cruiser for sale. The boat is awsome.

As he said, his family owned Southwind.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok im in the central valley near stockton.ca . im ready to buy the right cruiser with cash in hand. i dont mind traveling a bit to get the boat. let me know. i chexked everywhere so far havent found it. also interested in other makes ie tahiti, spectra, sanger so fourth. thanks dan

·
Registered
628 Posts
Eliminator?

Intrested in a 21' Eliminator Daycruiser Mojave? It is a bit of a drive

ok im in the central valley near stockton.ca . im ready to buy the right cruiser with cash in hand. i dont mind traveling a bit to get the boat. let me know. i chexked everywhere so far havent found it. also interested in other makes ie tahiti, spectra, sanger so fourth. thanks dan

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
if this is the one you're referring to-

it used to belong to my son and it's also the one pictured on the Southwind website.
f nothing has been done to it since he sold it 1-1/2 yrs ago, it's got a fairly stock BBC. My son also had the pump rebuilt by Performance Jet just before he sold it (he put maybe 4 hrs of run time on it). The pump has a Legend B impeller, a White Lightning loader, an a shoe and ride plate. He also put the intake and Bigs carb on it or I guess I should say he bought the parts and I installed. We put in all new Hardin Marine stainless steel faced gauges, new steering wheel and a new forward/reverse lever.
He also had the interior redone about 2 yrs ago along with all new carpet.
The boat itself was very solid, took the waves well but it's wasn't anything to speak of as far as speed goes....50 mph tops.
He sold it for $6,000.

Here it is at our annual Delta trip in 2005-

and at Shasta that same year-

$3800.00 is a very fair price for that boat knowing what has been done to it......providing it hasn't been trashed.

btw, the only reason he sold it was because his kids didn't like going out in it.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
I wish my computer didnt crash, I had pictures of that boat with a blown motor in it and it did alot beter than 50....:D

If i recall, Pat even had the zoomies on it .

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey CAS oddly that was your old boat. its in IONE now. the guy has it for sale again. the boat wasnt taken care of. i caould see it was a nice boat but its a beast now. the boat still has nevada numbers with cal reg. salt water spots all over the valve covers and the carg linkage is rusted. the trailer on the bow is damaged and no jack and hull is held on with a nylon rope. the bow eye is jacked. its currently for sale for 4800 on craigs list but i couldnt get around the jacked wiring and the hoses that go no where. im sorry your old ride is not taken care of. i gave him a offer and he said no . no title to trailer and the boat has a last owner in san pablo. i wanted boat but not another project

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
hey CAS oddly that was your old boat. its in IONE now. the guy has it for sale again. the boat wasnt taken care of. i caould see it was a nice boat but its a beast now. the boat still has nevada numbers with cal reg. salt water spots all over the valve covers and the carg linkage is rusted. the trailer on the bow is damaged and no jack and hull is held on with a nylon rope. the bow eye is jacked. its currently for sale for 4800 on craigs list but i couldnt get around the jacked wiring and the hoses that go no where. im sorry your old ride is not taken care of. i gave him a offer and he said no . no title to trailer and the boat has a last owner in san pablo. i wanted boat but not another project
The owner listed on the title is the person my son sold the boat to.....a divorce forced them to sell it, from what I heard. It's too bad to hear it's been somewhat abused in such a short period of time. I wonder what's up with the wiring and hose issues?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update: 8/24/2011

Hey All, just thought I would give an update on this boat. I actually bought this boat a few days after this thread was started, A buddy of mine told me there was a thread about my boat so I figured I would give this thread some closure! First off I can certainly attest to the fact this boat was pretty abused. The motor it had in it didn’t even make it thru the first summer I owned the boat and I just recently got her back in the water. The Old 454 was so far gone after I pulled it I junked everything but the intake and oil pan and started fresh with a good used BBC 454 block that was fully balanced and punched to a 468 and with JE Forged pistons, Manley S/S one piece valves, a fairley big Comp cam and full roller rockers. After getting the new motor built I replaced: the old electric trim module which quit working with a manual place diverter, all the hoses, the exhaust manifolds, alternator and steering cable. I also cleaned the funky wiring up as much as possible to get it thru this Summer. During the Winter I plan on replacing the wiring harness, carpet and the missing Ride plate (not sure where it went). The motor is still breaking in so I have not yet figured out the top speed, the pump was nicely set up though and is definitely responding well to being mated to a motor with ~425hp. I will update with some Pics once it’s done. Not to worry Cas, your old boat is back on the water and running good again! :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts