Performance Boats Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I listened to a mini interview with Steve Forbes today, he said pretty much the same thing. He also said the reason the stock market is so crazy right now is because the wealthy are nervous about BO winning the election. He said that very few are willing to invest right now due to the looming tax increase.
What does he know. He's not an economist.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I listened to a mini interview with Steve Forbes today, he said pretty much the same thing. He also said the reason the stock market is so crazy right now is because the wealthy are nervous about BO winning the election. He said that very few are willing to invest right now due to the looming tax increase.
It's absolute fear of this crazy liberal! I've been selling land for over 30 years. Well over 1/2 of my business is dealing with investments and the rest consider the investment value seriously before purchasing their user-based properties. This market will falter beyond anyone's wildest dreams if "The Big O" gets elected as investors will all have a huge red target placed over their funds. His idea of capital gains treatments (or the lack of their need) is beyond devastating.

If one man could actually ruin America, he would follow Obama's plan to the letter and use the vote of the recipients to accomplish his deed. Yeah, I'm scared. It's just more proof of our country's IQ dropping below the required minimum.

U

·
0 Posts
Just curious, How would all of you feel about a tax cut for the middle class, let's say between $40K and $100K with no tax increase at any level?

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Just curious, How would all of you feel about a tax cut for the middle class, let's say between $40K and $100K with no tax increase at any level?
This an interesting one. How would you cover that? I don't think the actual "tax cut" part is the issue, its how they're going to pay for it to justify it. My biggest problem isn't how much I pay, its how much they spend. All these assholes talk about cutting the pork and decreasing the spending. I've yet to see one asshole do that. That there is the problem. The other is once they raise it, it never goes back down. They just re-alocate that money somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
I'm for equal taxation of everyone no matter what their income/salary is! Take wages, salary, business income, dividends, capital gains and so on without deductions and have a flat tax.
1. If you choose to have 5 kids why should I have to pay for them by you paying less tax.
2. If you choose to have an expensive mortage with lots of interest why should I have to pay for it by you paying less tax
3. And the list goes on and on.

Personal accountability and responsiblity for ones actions is the only way for everyone to be thoughtful of their decisions. We currently enable those that don't pay their fair share in sweat and sacrifice to get by because we enable them to be poor decision makers. :|err

The world is changing quickly and we are all becoming the minority no matter what our color is. Check this out...

http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=x7aVOMrlfkkijQwcLllwk6WjB5JE0zrF

Pretty scary stuff for our kids and grandkids I'd say and we make it easy for them because we enable them to be weak by providing for them. The kids of today have come up with the idea of "do overs" when something doesn't work out for them. Geez...what happened to striking out and can't be able to wait to get back up again to tear the pitchers head off...:)grn ...we're losing the competitive spirit in this country because we've provided for everyone's weakness.

Back to the topic: Everyone pays their fair share period and screw the progressive penalties the tax system imposes on the successful, hardworking individuals that have made this country strong.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I'm for equal taxation of everyone no matter what their income/salary is! Take wages, salary, business income, dividends, capital gains and so on without deductions and have a flat tax.
1. If you choose to have 5 kids why should I have to pay for them by you paying less tax.
2. If you choose to have an expensive mortage with lots of interest why should I have to pay for it by you paying less tax

Personal accountability and responsiblity for ones actions is the only way for everyone to be thoughtful of their decisions. We currently enable those that don't pay their fair share in sweat and sacrifice to get by because we enable them to be poor decision makers. :|err

The world is changing quickly and we are all becoming the minority no matter what our color is. Check this out...

http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=x7aVOMrlfkkijQwcLllwk6WjB5JE0zrF

Pretty scary stuff for our kids and grandkids I'd say and we make it easy for them because we enable them to be weak by providing for them. The kids of today have come up with the idea of "do overs" when something doesn't work out for them. Geez...what happened to striking out and can't be able to wait to get back up again to tear the pitchers head off...:)grn ...we're losing the competitive spirit in this country because we've provided for everyone's weakness.

Back to the topic: Everyone pays their fair share period and screw the progressive penalties the tax system imposes on the successful, hardworking individuals that have made this country strong.
Very well stated! I fear nothing short of a complete citizen's revolt will wake up Washington into the understanding that "That's our Money!" not government money.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Do you actually believe everything that's posted? This may come as a surprise to you but, when you tax the upper class two things happen:
* They are forced to fire the working class as their business fails
and
* They pass the screwing on to the consumers in higher prices-again affecting the mainstream.

You just don't get it, I guess.
I get it doc, you are right about this. My husbands employer ran a bunch of numbers and figured out that under an Obama tax plan he will lose approximately $55,000. He made a statement that this is the approximate amount of money he issues out in bonuses to his top 5 employees, my husband being one of them. He get's 2 bonuses a year totaling $10,000 and he won't be able to issue those bonuses under an Obama Tax plan. I don't know what we would do without the bonus, I am frightened. If you are listening, God please put McCain in the White house, for the sake of our children. We could really benefit from John McCain's child tax credit increasing from $3500 to $7000 as well. Maybe we could put that money away for college for the kids.......

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I get it doc, you are right about this. My husbands employer ran a bunch of numbers and figured out that under an Obama tax plan he will lose approximately $55,000. He made a statement that this is the approximate amount of money he issues out in bonuses to his top 5 employees, my husband being one of them. He get's 2 bonuses a year totaling $10,000 and he won't be able to issue those bonuses under an Obama Tax plan. I don't know what we would do without the bonus, I am frightened. If you are listening, God please put McCain in the White house, for the sake of our children. We could really benefit from John McCain's child tax credit increasing from $3500 to $7000 as well. Maybe we could put that money away for college for the kids.......
More fallout, yet these Obamaites of the world have no interest in your problem until it's theirs. For your sakes, I sincerely hope the nation wakes up in time. I'm sorry to say your story will be shared accross the country as this clown blindsides the entire nation with his "change."

Again, I fear this nation's IQ has dropped below acceptable levels.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Well, it's off to the river to watch the Parker 300 and enjoy the country's freedoms that many now take for granted!
Have a good weekend everyone...

Bill

U

·
0 Posts
Well, it's off to the river to watch the Parker 300 and enjoy the country's freedoms that many now take for granted!
Have a good weekend everyone...

Bill
Neighbor

We're leaving for the River in a few hours too. Have a safe weekend

John M

U

·
0 Posts
I'm going ask this again

Just curious, how would all of you feel about a tax cut for the middle class, let's say between $40K and $100K with no tax increase at any level?

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
I'm going ask this again

Just curious, how would all of you feel about a tax cut for the middle class, let's say between $40K and $100K with no tax increase at any level?
I would say that if B.O. is behind it there will be a slide of hand... :)sphss

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
How about an honest answer to a simple question?
I think my answer was totally honest, I would be suspecting of any plan that B.O. offers up.

How about some more specifics like "Im B.O. and Im gonna give you a $1000 tax refund after I take away the $4000 tax refund that our beloved G.W. Bush gave to you".

How about some particulars please, something clear and concise.

U

·
0 Posts
I think my answer was totally honest, I would be suspecting of any plan that B.O. offers up.

How about some more specifics like "Im B.O. and Im gonna give you a $1000 tax refund after I take away the $4000 tax refund that our beloved G.W. Bush gave to you".

How about some particulars please, something clear and concise.
Where in my comment did it say it was BO's plan?

Our belovced G.W. Bush :)sphss

I guess a simple general question was too much for you.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

Thanks for the link! I have seen the same info presented differently but its still the same and the point is loud and clear.
We are becoming weak as others become stronger.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I'm going ask this again

It's a loaded question. If that means you're going to tax people who make 100-250k more to cut 40-100k. I don't agree with it on moral grounds.

After deductions my wife and I are in the lower group. Still this kind of thinking disturbs me. It's proven people who make more money use less social services and rely less of government programs. Why do they pay more % wise when they contribute more?

Why don't we cut wasteful government programs?

Tax's should be capped at 27% max. No more no matter how much you make. The government needs to learn how to work on that kind of budget.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts