Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also wondering if the hydraulic diverter pump pressures, ( and pumps) were the same for recreational type use and for race only use or are there differences between them?

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
What I have done is increase the size of my lines and it helps, we tried the smaller ones and it was much slower. So the volum of hyd fluid helped.And that is with the standard Bennett pump.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Have the power run as short as practical to the pump, power relays speeds up the motor and relay actions. I have a fairly long run for the hydraulic lines. Mines works very well, almost to well, it's too fast for racing with out up down stops.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
parker pumps. ive been trying to find a supplier for a couple years. The bennett pump will work with relays and -4 lines. its pretty quick.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
i've been using the stock p/d bennett deal for a long time. no relays, just wired per instructions. has always worked fine for what i do. it will go from stop to stop in just under 0.7 seconds. there are better pumps, etc.. i've just never had the need for it to move quicker.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/85651-place-diverter-cylinder-there-under-$100-00-alternative.html

previous thread on one.

·
Amerian Turbine Man
88 Posts
What pressures do these pumps typically run at?
The Bennett pumps put up 300-350 PSI. We have been selling them for about 25 years and have not had any problems. The main thing for good performance is to use large enough wiring or better yet use relays.
Ron

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Have sold serviced, installed, and repaired litterally hundreds the Bennet pumps designed and built for Place Diverter with had excellent sucess and very few problems , issue encountered are often related to low available voltage , poor connections , moisture intrusion etc. Very Good product Tom

·
Registered
310 Posts
The Bennett pumps put up 300-350 PSI. We have been selling them for about 25 years and have not had any problems. The main thing for good performance is to use large enough wiring or better yet use relays.
Ron
Hmmmm seems like it wouldn't be too hard to mount up a hydraulic pump and set it up like a belt-drive fuel pump, might be faster response, and no electrical load (for a race boat).

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've set up multible Parker pumps for use with a Place Diverter. I do alot of them for Peterson's. I have a couple that I could set up for anyone interested. Way more reliable, faster, and won't drift the nozzle.
Nice looking piece. I'm pretty sure that's what Tom put in Bad Bug's boat. Gary, I'll trade you mine for your's if you want? :wink2:

·
Registered
574 Posts
its been tried a few times. doesnt work right or hold the pressure.
I have mine set up on CO2 and have zero issues with it at all. It holds pressure great , I can turn the bottle off completely and it will still have the same line pressure the next day.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts